IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Taking the plunge
Well, we're doing it.

Switching.

I bought a G3 iMac for my son off of ebay for $250, should be here by the weekend.

Ordering my wife a new iBook in a couple of weeks, her work finances PC purchases for 2 years interest-free, so we're waiting for that paperwork to clear.

My powerbook will have to wait awhile...but those 2 machines will eliminate Windows from this house as all my computers are x86 running some form of Linux.
-----
Steve
New Welcome to the community!
Tom Sinclair

The question seldom addressed is *where* Medusa had snakes. Underarm hair
is an even more embarassing problem when it keeps biting the top of the
deodorant bottle.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)
New You can thank my brother, and GarageBand
He came over with his new powerbook a couple weeks ago..he had just bought iLife. We loaded GarageBand, plugged my guitar in one channel, his bass in the other and had recorded a song, added drums, keys, and a second guitar...within an hour.

I couldn't help but think 'THIS is what computing should be all about.'

I'm sold.
-----
Steve
New GarageBand is certainly a selling point

I haven't played a note in several years (I used to plunk a bit on the guitar) and I've been having big fun with it.

The only downside is having to restrain myself from picking up all of the software and hardware accessories and add-ons that I can get my hands on.

I'm going to keep an eye peeled on our local Apple store calendar and see if they have any demos or workshops scheduled for this.
Tom Sinclair

The question seldom addressed is *where* Medusa had snakes. Underarm hair
is an even more embarassing problem when it keeps biting the top of the
deodorant bottle.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)
New Its cool
but I hit the wall on it pretty quickly (last app I used for tunes was studio vision - now defunct thanks to the less than sane stewardship under Gibson guitars).

I've already moved up to Digital Performer. Now if I just had more time to play - trying to launch a little dot com thing in the next 30 days...

The tree of research must from time to time be refreshed with the blood of bean counters.
     -- Alan Kay
New Re: Don't waste your time with OS 9.x goto OS X

The difference is worth it.

My wife had a 10GB iBook 500mhz that came with 9.x - used it for a year then I upgraded it to OS X WHAT A DIFFERENCE !!!. Faster, better, more intuitive, easy to network it (OS 9.x could be a right PITB in switching networking mode from dial to to wi-fi).

Later I had it upgraded to a 40GB hard disk. Now she has a G4 Powerbook & the old iBook is (mine mine mine aha!!!).

It is a very useful part of the home PC reptoire :-)

Cheers

Doug Marker

Taking the plunge - (Steve Lowe) - (5)
         Welcome to the community! -NT - (tjsinclair) - (3)
             You can thank my brother, and GarageBand - (Steve Lowe) - (2)
                 GarageBand is certainly a selling point - (tjsinclair)
                 Its cool - (tuberculosis)
         Re: Don't waste your time with OS 9.x goto OS X - (dmarker)

Barnaby Jones?
73 ms