IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Why don't you just marry your sister, then?
or your brother? Or both? Applying the same logic needed to justify same sex marriage (government shouldn't intervene in moral issues), why should we be tied to any of that old Judeo/Christian horseshit?

Discuss amongst yourselves...
Just a few thoughts,

Danno
New Re: Why don't you just marry your sister, then?
I think the biggest problem with interfamily marriage is the gene pool, something about things that can be passed to one another like illnesses, diseases or genetic defects and cause the child to have a chance of being born worse off.

I'm not sure if that is the whole reason it's not allowed, but I know it's one of them.

Edit: As an afterthought though, what strikes me as funny, is in the beginning, brothers and sisters obviously HAD to marry one another, because there weren't any other people. I mean, how did those people after Cain and Abel marry anyone if they were originally produced by Adam and Eve? There weren't more people.

Nightowl >8#

"To become different from what we are, we must have some awareness of what we are."
Eric Hoffer
Expand Edited by Nightowl Feb. 27, 2004, 03:33:24 PM EST
Expand Edited by Nightowl Feb. 27, 2004, 03:34:43 PM EST
New Fairy tale land
[i]As an afterthought though, what strikes me as funny, is in the beginning, brothers and sisters obviously HAD to marry one another, because there weren't any other people. I mean, how did those people after Cain and Abel marry anyone if they were originally produced by Adam and Eve? There weren't more people.[/i]

You're in fairy tale land there. Adam and Eve didn't have any daughters - at least that were mentioned in the Grimmest Storybook. Exodus is totally inconsistent there. Why did God put his mark on Cain to protect him from the wrath of other men? What other men?

Stupid inconsistent blather.

More likely scenario:

In the beginning, monkeys flew out of God's butt.

The tree of research must from time to time be refreshed with the blood of bean counters.
     -- Alan Kay
New Ummm....
You write:

Re: Why don't you just marry your sister, then?
I think the biggest problem with interfamily marriage is the gene pool, something about things that can be passed to one another like illnesses, diseases or genetic defects and cause the child to have a chance of being born worse off.

And with same sex marriages the odds of concieving children with birth defects is lessened... Okay, that's a fact.
Just a few thoughts,

Danno
New Up to our old Jesuit tricks again, are we? Msgr. Reductio
     marriage & the constitution - (rcareaga) - (9)
         "Seaborn Roddenberry"?? - (deSitter) - (1)
             Uhh, Ross...You left of a word. - (jb4)
         it appears that it was a states rights issue - (boxley) - (1)
             Yeah, "What I states is always right" -NT - (deSitter)
         Why don't you just marry your sister, then? - (danreck) - (4)
             Re: Why don't you just marry your sister, then? - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 Fairy tale land - (tuberculosis)
                 Ummm.... - (danreck)
             Up to our old Jesuit tricks again, are we? Msgr. Reductio -NT - (Ashton)

I think coming back from the summit was the rather more important achievement.
47 ms