IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Do you turn off your brain periodically?
No, that would be the order that grew into place over thousands of years, and now, in the space of 30 or 40, the world suddenly finds itself populated by tens of millions of social experimental geniuses who are fucking with the primal forces of nature. Just by coincidence, the world has gone completely to utter hell in that time.

The terrible thing about PC is that it makes moral cowards and mental weaklings of even the smartest people. It is suicide to grind away at the base of the entire organization of society, and it is fucking hypocritical to boot. You should just announce that the Ancien Regime is dead, kill all the Old Gaurd, and implement your collectivist paradise, accomplishing in 50 years what it took the combined effort of the previous inhabitants of the planet 10000 to accomplish.
-drl
New what order?
Russia 1917 Berlin 1920's (remember cabaret?) America 30's and forties, dillenger, bonnie and clyde, Errol Flynne and his young boys. Civilization aint,
thanx,
bill
and everywhere the great Curse of the New World, the American Child, in all its raucous, spoiled, undiciplined, selfish ghastliness, the female specimens keeping up an incessant high-pitched whine and the male infants racketing like cowpokes on payday. There's nothing wrong with grown Americans, by and large you wont find heartier men or bonnier women anywhere, but the only remedy I can see for the children is to run Herod for President.
Sir Harold Flashman esquire VC OBE

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Re: what order?
You can't judge the whole by isolated incidents. The entire group has a living history with its own organic structure. If you go around arbitrarily changing that organization at the very base you will certainly totally destabilize it and it will collapse. The most insane hubris of all is to think you can make a better future by forgetting and then erasing the past.
-drl
New Right, bring back aristocracy, peasants and slavery
In ancient tradition, we should limit buttfucking to a privilege that masters enjoy with slaves.

Seriously, the social order that you admire was itself a brief aberration. The one that it replaced was likewise. And so on back as far as we can see.

Society is in flux. It always has been. I'd be worried if it wasn't. And, personally, I think that on balance, recent changes (ie last century or so) have been positive.

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New Ben said it pretty good.
Society is in flux, it's changing. The problems are that the legislature and rules we all live by aren't changing along with us.

The biggest problem though, is WHO is qualified to change those legislatures? If God were here directing writers today, (as he did when the Bible was first written), would he update the good Word to make it apply to more modern times? One has to wonder if He would do that.

And if the original authors of the constitution were here today, would they look at the state of society and upgrade the document to reflect those changes and apply to those problems? Again, one has to wonder.

None-the-less, that seems to be the biggest problem I see, that the rules we all lived by for years and years are suddenly out of date, and there isn't anyone who is the clear rule maker/changer etc, that we all trust to rewrite those rules.

And before you all call me a kook for this view, consider this example:

When I was raised as a child, I was taught to find a man to take care of me forever. I was taught to be a homemaker, mother (even though I had no interest in it even then), etc. I was not taught to go out into the world and fend for myself.

Had I remained in that mindset when society changed, and women started working, and men stopped wanting to always support their wives, where would I be today? Granted, I'm not working now, but there was a time when I was with a guy and we had a two-person income. Bottom line, if women sat around expecting what they had been taught back then to happen, we'd all still be sitting around waiting... and starving, probably.

Nightowl >8#

"To become different from what we are, we must have some awareness of what we are."
Eric Hoffer
New we arbitrarirly change the entire base every 2 hundred years
whatju takin about willard?
thanx,
bill
and everywhere the great Curse of the New World, the American Child, in all its raucous, spoiled, undiciplined, selfish ghastliness, the female specimens keeping up an incessant high-pitched whine and the male infants racketing like cowpokes on payday. There's nothing wrong with grown Americans, by and large you wont find heartier men or bonnier women anywhere, but the only remedy I can see for the children is to run Herod for President.
Sir Harold Flashman esquire VC OBE

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Oh, real good response
After thousands of years of boring missionary position fucking, homosexuality is discovered, and brings civilization down in less than half a century. Followed by some babbling bullshit about those not agreeing with you are PC.

Incidentally, if you are considering the breakdown of the nuclear family as something that is degrading society, you are probably on to something. The nuclear family isn't being destroyed because a small fraction of the population have different taste in lovers, though. It is being destroyed by both parents having to spend too much time trying to earn a living, and too much poverty and despair among those who fail. There are undoubtably a lot of other factors as well. How a few people get laid doesn't figure greatly.

You are just a credit to scientists everywhere. How do you feel about Mengeles as a role model?
New Bang on.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New OUCH!
You are just a credit to scientists everywhere. How do you feel about Mengeles as a role model?

Of all people to be compared to....

Nightowl >8#

"To become different from what we are, we must have some awareness of what we are."
Eric Hoffer
     Re: Yawn. - (deSitter) - (39)
         Fuck you with a chainsaw - (inthane-chan) - (4)
             Re: Fuck you with a chainsaw - (deSitter) - (3)
                 How so? - (admin) - (2)
                     Re: How so? - (deSitter) - (1)
                         Have I? No. - (admin)
         If you're what it means to be straight... - (pwhysall) - (6)
             Re: If you're what it means to be straight... - (deSitter) - (5)
                 Well, that hasn't happened. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                     Re: Well, that hasn't happened. - (deSitter) - (3)
                         Normal? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                             ICLRPD (new thread) - (inthane-chan)
                             I wouldn't either - (ben_tilly)
         Do you turn off your brain periodically? - (hnick) - (9)
             Re: Do you turn off your brain periodically? - (deSitter) - (8)
                 what order? - (boxley) - (4)
                     Re: what order? - (deSitter) - (3)
                         Right, bring back aristocracy, peasants and slavery - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                             Ben said it pretty good. - (Nightowl)
                         we arbitrarirly change the entire base every 2 hundred years - (boxley)
                 Oh, real good response - (hnick) - (2)
                     Bang on. -NT - (admin)
                     OUCH! - (Nightowl)
         Pshaw.. *all* of our mores are malleable. - (Ashton) - (16)
             If I got this right, you are reading - (boxley) - (1)
                 Do ya just gots to blab? - (Ashton)
             Re: Pshaw.. *all* of our mores are malleable. - (deSitter) - (13)
                 Blah blah blah blah - (pwhysall) - (8)
                     Re: Blah blah blah blah - (deSitter) - (7)
                         But you're a nut job now... - (hnick) - (5)
                             Re: But you're a nut job now... - (deSitter) - (3)
                                 just make sure no one steps on yer toes after 18yrs -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Re: just make sure no one steps on yer toes after 18yrs - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         the monte folks will get it -NT - (boxley)
                             Nit: that'd be the "right" field fence. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         Sounds like Ashcroft. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                 As to the 'solar' idea - - (Ashton) - (3)
                     Re: As to the 'solar' idea - - (deSitter) - (2)
                         Re: As to the 'solar' idea - - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Re: As to the 'solar' idea - - (deSitter)

The story is true.
67 ms