IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm not laughing...
...so I might be going mad. Or looking for a new job. Or something.

My boss used to report directly to the CEO. There was a reorg. He now reports to Director of Operations, who reports to the CEO.

The DOps calls me today, asking about Exchange mailbox size limits. He then tells me to change the size of his mailbox from 150mb to 300mb.

I don't even have the tools to do it, so I start to tell him that I'll get my boss involved, so that it can be done. He says "just do it now" and hangs up on me.

Niiice.

Then he jumps in on a diagnosis *I* made and contradicts what I said, without knowing anything about the fucking situation.

Visio 2002 can read a document made using 2003, as long as it is downsaved in 2002 format. I have done this many times over the years and have not had trouble. Maybe there is something else going on...

In the meantime, please forward Sarah's edits to me and I will add them manually to the latest version I have. I will post the final copy when I am done.

And he CC's Sarah (Another Director) and my Boss, as well as me, and the original subject of this message. "Many times over the years" my ass - 2003 just came out about 6-8 months ago. Plus he didn't know jack/shit about the issues with the person's computer.

I'm looking at [link|http://www.gaspowered.com/jobs.shtml#ops_dst|this job] now, hope I get it.
"I'll stop calling this crew 'Orwellian' when they stop using 1984 as an operations manual." - J. Bradford DeLong
New Yikes!
Reminds me of the time a stupid boss wanted me to make pie chart circle diagrams with Word Perfect.

I hope it all works out! Hang in there, don't quit if you can help it until you have something else lined up!

Nightowl >8#

"To become different from what we are, we must have some awareness of what we are."
Eric Hoffer
New I'm angry, not stupid. ;)
I'm not walking until I find something else - and if things get better, I won't walk - but I'm burning one bridge when I leave.
"I'll stop calling this crew 'Orwellian' when they stop using 1984 as an operations manual." - J. Bradford DeLong
New Followup
Talked to a couple individuals I trust here, and turns out the guy is a PHB through-and-through. Definitely time to be ramblin' on, unless he does so first.
New Re: I'm not laughing...
"Uhhhh, yeahhhh.... about those mailbox siiiizesss...."

-drl
New Now I'm laughing. :) Thanks.
New Re: Now I'm laughing. :) Thanks.
Whenever you deal with this guy, just visualize him boffing Jennie A with his ever-in-hand cup of coffee...
-drl
New Followup
Well, over the weekend while my boss was out of town, 2 of the 4 people assigned to him were reassigned to his boss, the guy I can't stand.

When we were smaller, that would have been surviveable. Now, this looks a lot like a slap in the face, and a prelude to getting rid of him.

Shit.
New Ugh, wish I had decent advice for that situation :-(
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
     I'm not laughing... - (inthane-chan) - (8)
         Yikes! - (Nightowl) - (2)
             I'm angry, not stupid. ;) - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 Followup - (inthane-chan)
         Re: I'm not laughing... - (deSitter) - (2)
             Now I'm laughing. :) Thanks. -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 Re: Now I'm laughing. :) Thanks. - (deSitter)
         Followup - (inthane-chan) - (1)
             Ugh, wish I had decent advice for that situation :-( -NT - (ben_tilly)

Many of the dead have finished being dead without the assistance of medical staff or fancy equipment. It would be good if people could help with the swift opening of bags that are wiggling and/or noisy.
58 ms