IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "Castor beans", more probably - see...
...the last line in the story, "Ricin is made from the castor bean plant, and can be injected, inhaled or ingested."

Haven't the fucking faintest what "castor beans" are... But, the name "ricin" is familiar: Fifty years ago or so, kids in Scandinavia were apparently forced to drink "ricin oil" as soon as they looked the least bit out of shape; from old kid's books, you get the impression it was more or less an alternative to cod liver oil, and just as popular with the little victims. Wonder if it's the same stuff -- back then, it was supposed to be *good* for you!?!

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
You know you're doing good work when you get flamed by an idiot. -- [link|http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/35/34218.html|Andrew Wittbrodt]
New Castor Oil . .
. . was heavily used for "medical" purposes, particularly as a laxitive, but I think it went out of style in the '50s.

The Castor Bean plant is very common through much of the U.S. and grows well wild. The beans are very toxic but the toxins are not disolved in the oil. Fortunately, the attractive beans are also hard and indigestible, so kids that swallow them generally just pass them through.

I have fond memories of the smell of "Castrol R" racing oil, which was Castor Oil based and provided better lubrication under high stress than the mineral oils of the day (and perhaps even today). It was a bit pricy though, and had to be flushed and changed frequently. Castrol is still a major motor oil company, but I don't know if they still make the "R" product.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Seeds also available at most garden shops
as the plants have pretty flowers and are grown as ornamentals.

.....To the future or to the past, to a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone -- to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone:
.....From the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink -- greetings!

-- George Orwell, 1984
New Yeeahhhh.... {sniff} Castrol R in a Norton Manx on full chat
New Still there. 30 & 40 wt.
     BBC says ricin found in mail to Sen. Frist - (Another Scott) - (7)
         Are those coffee beans?? - (deSitter) - (6)
             Wow - I never thought... - (CRConrad)
             "Castor beans", more probably - see... - (CRConrad) - (4)
                 Castor Oil . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                     Seeds also available at most garden shops - (tuberculosis)
                     Yeeahhhh.... {sniff} Castrol R in a Norton Manx on full chat -NT - (Ashton)
                     Still there. 30 & 40 wt. -NT - (scoenye)

There will be no disappointment.
36 ms