IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Notice the similarity in 'deductive reasoning' to -
1) Any utterance whatsoever from M$ (and acolytes all over) - whether a sales pitch mentioning the 'vulnerability' of other OSs or - a presentation before a court about, "why we did __ this particular thing".

2) An ad suggesting why you might want your doctor to prescribe this New drug for [this New disease of the species, never before encountered]. Symptoms of this New disease: I don't want to buy anything, just now. Thankyouverymuch. (Or another one: fear of being secretly criticized at parties. Yes, I SAW that one.) Why is it found effective. Here. ?

3) The portrayal of the members of one political party by members of another with very-similar actual 'aims' (as: Comsymps or Patriots.. depending) - ever wide of *any* substantive issue as actually needs facing: 98.3% of the time?

4) Most of what substitutes for 'argument' on most any topic, so often right out of MPython - across all media (98.26% approx.)?

So why are these patently false semantic tricks so obvious in the screed above? Yet rarely even noticed when applied in the daily noise around us - or if noticed: accepted quiescently and at high volume (?)

Just curious why This screed appears so 'different' as to evoke discussion of its utterly stark inanity.

Ashton
New Re: Notice the similarity in 'deductive reasoning' to -
Ashton, I think the answer to your question is that the logic of all the arguments is sound, but the argument itself appears unsound because the premises are very open to being...false. So take yer favorite Ballmer argument for why it is important for the future of the U.S. economy that M$ preserve their monopoly. His argument is (usually...at least to smurfs from Business Schools) logical, but it doesn't start from true premises. Now if the true premises were,

M$ is the worst example of business excrement that has ever sucked a camel's
behind.

we'd surmise his argument was...well...Micro$peak. But he doesn't do this, he starts from "M$ owns your private parts." The conclusion is, do what we say. Yer basic Smurf thinks, damn, that's a true premise, I better not disturb the private parts I've given M$ for safekeeping. A disgusting example of Smurfdom, eh?

So when the Islamo-Fanaticist premises his argument by "Since Jews control...whatever it is we know they control", it appear stupid and non-logical. But the center of the argument can (sans any new "facts") be logical.

An alternate example is the Fundementalist argument that starts from, "Can we at least agree the World had a beginning?" Uh...okay. "And that God has spoken through the prophets (or is it profits)?" Uh...well...I'm a Christian...so yeah, I'll agree with that. "And that the Biblical prophets were divinely inspired?" Umm...well, it's hard to be a prophet if not divinely inspired. "But they have written that 'God created the world in yadda, yadda, yadda'". Hmmm...so, your religious beliefs have now be hijacked into something which violates a good deal of modern science.

The correct response should have been, "Who the hell are you to interpret God's message to the what might have been what the prophets have written, and you cannot even be sure they wrote it?" Premise wrong, learn science, stop putting your words in God's mouth...presuming you know which God you are putting your words into...and She might get damn pissed if you keep it up.
Gerard Allwein
New Heh.. *knew* there was something about that important sign,
Guard on Premises at All Times

I see my massive error:
I took 'guard' for a noun - and it was always meant to be a verb !!!

Damn!

Thanks for straightening out 1123 stored engrams; I now have to rethink entire previous inhabitance of this loony bin, all intertwined in recursive time-shared threads .. it is *much* worse than (even) I thought :[

:-\ufffd

Ashton
oh what a tangled web we weave when first we take a verb for a noun (and an Authorized MAN life for actual life?)

PS: this public service announcement for all teachers of logic to distracted, attention-span challenged mouth breathers - is hereby \ufffd GPL for emergency usage:

It is best stapled to the offending forehead after a first offense of, audiatur et altera pars, or any second offense of, argumentum ad populum.

We are working up a list of suitable punishments for the other atrocities but it is generally agreed that, a quick death.. is too weak a punishment for intentional destruction of a word such as, innovation.

We will be accepting applications from volunteer assassin squads; those willing to offer their ineffectual, depreciated, noise-besotted consumer lives next: to eliminate major murderers of Language.

No programming skills required. Deprogramming skills helpful. Equal Opportunity employer.
Fundamentalist groups: apply at 3AM at the back door labelled,

Euthanasia Laboratory

Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle..
     According to leading American Muslim, the Jews did it - (boxley) - (16)
         interesting theory - (SpiceWare)
         Re: This guy's logic is so warped it is laughable ... - (dmarker2) - (1)
             I thot they have not found the black boxes yet - (tablizer)
         Not an American Muslim leader, - (Steven A S) - (2)
             Head mucky muck of NYC Mosque an American outfit -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 But how did he get the position? - (Steven A S)
         Better view from Islam - (tuberculosis) - (6)
             Very good letter. - (addison) - (1)
                 Yes, quite good. - (Steve Lowe)
             Unless, of course.... - (marlowe) - (1)
                 No no, that's way wrong. - (CRConrad)
             Thanks for the link. - (brettj)
             Hey Try This For Sanity - (deSitter)
         Notice the similarity in 'deductive reasoning' to - - (Ashton) - (2)
             Re: Notice the similarity in 'deductive reasoning' to - - (gtall) - (1)
                 Heh.. *knew* there was something about that important sign, - (Ashton)

Brought to you by the Tennessee Valley Authority!
54 ms