IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ethical dilemma...
I have an ethical question for you. This is an imaginary situation, but I think it is fun to decide what one would do.

The situation: You are in the Middle East, and there is a huge flood in progress. Many homes have been lost, water supplies compromised and structures destroyed. Let's say that you're a photographer and getting still photos for a news service, traveling alone, looking for particularly poignant scenes.

You come across Osama Bin Laden who has been swept away by the floodwaters. He is barely hanging on to a tree limb and is about to go under. You can either put down your camera and save him, or take a Pulitzer Prize winning photograph of him as he loses his grip on the limb.

So, here's the question and think carefully before you answer the question below:

Which lens would you use?
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Hmmm,
Is there a lense avilable that has a secret ability to shoot poison darts?
Don Richards,
Proud recipient of the ABBA.
(the Ashton Brown Brevity Award)
New The telephoto
just to get the look on his face when he realizes that Allah has abandoned him for his crimes!
~~~)-Steven----
New Tilt. Last photo: beatific smile.
Allah Loves Him. He's Certain.

(It's *all* in his mind - but what else has he available?)

As with 'Us'. (Our illusions are better, of course - they're Ours)

I'd go for the fish-eye lens myself; try to capture that faint visage above (only seemingly.. a kinda 3-D er colored cloud) with the female face, clearly lip-readable as saying:

Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. ...cr..un..ch.
New Re: Tilt. Last photo: beatific smile.
Actually, the way he seems to view it (or at least the way he would have his followers see it) he would prefer to die a martyr or taking out several infadels with him. To die due to an act of Allah without completeing his "task"; I don't think that would be considered an honorable death. I could be wrong though, IANAIM*

*(I Am Not An Insane Meglomaniac:)
~~~)-Steven----
New depends on how vicious you are.
rather put the camera down reach out and as he grabs, pull back and go gotcha!!!
thanx,
bill
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
     Ethical dilemma... - (inthane-chan) - (5)
         Hmmm, - (Silverlock)
         The telephoto - (Steven A S) - (2)
             Tilt. Last photo: beatific smile. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Re: Tilt. Last photo: beatific smile. - (Steven A S)
         depends on how vicious you are. - (boxley)

You are delightfully evil. Come sit by me.
44 ms