IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Of *course* the wrong guy's in charge.
They were both the wrong guy.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Sometimes "tolerance" is just a word for not dealing with things.
New For once...
...I agree with you.

(Hastily looks around to see if the world is ending.) ^_^
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Why did the ground under my feet just move?
Could it be that we are all going to agree on this one point.

I'll go one step further...to say that there was not a candidate on the ballot that was "the right guy"...unless one of you guys wrote him in.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Even more agreement: exactly!
So what does that say about the effects of Corporate purchased legislators in a putative free (Hah!) er self-determining society -- that the only detritus as floats to the top:

Purchases that spot in the same way as the other branches of government were purchased? (We'll call the Judiciary role last time: just ordinary self-serving decisions made by those who abrogated their positions of Trust, to their personal political preference - before retirement, formally.)

As the guy who fell out of the office building window said, as he passed the 42nd floor -

I'm..

OK..

So..

Far..

(not to worry our pretty-little heads; let's see what M$, ADM, GE, Walmart et al are gestating for our comfort and Security next:

Will S/He be Cute enough, though? An English speaker or.. more of the same? Will S/He be 'compassionate' too ??? And... *WHAT* of the mix shall S/He decide to conserve - aside from the guarantee of no changes to Our Good Thing\ufffd Going..)

er Cosa Nostra that is.

PS - that wasn't the earth moving: twas yer bowels, see? (We so rarely pay attention to the gut, our only signal source for when we ought to be feeling nauseous for.. other reasons than hamburger gas :-\ufffd
New OK. Who would have been the "right" guy or gal?
I'm not sure who my ideal (or more ideal) candidate would have been.

Maybe McCain. Maybe.... I can't think of any politician I agree with on all of the big (for me) issues.

Who would you have picked (among eligible, qualified people in the US now)?

Cheers,
Scott.
New If they'd given us a choice between McCain and Bradley...
I wouldn't have voted "for" Nader.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Sometimes "tolerance" is just a word for not dealing with things.
New Karl Marx. But he's dead.
New Oh, great, had to go and ruin it, eh?
First agreement between opposing "sides" in the Politics forum, and... :-)

I would have preferred either McCain OR Bradley over current crop. That would have been a race worth seeing.

But, as long as Bush keeps listening to his advisors, he's not doing all that badly.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New They don't call me "Threadkiller" for nothin' ya know. :-)
New Thats an easy one...
Me, of course ;-)

Right after I'm done being the King of Afghanistan I think I may find time.

Bradley/McCain was the race I wanted. Were either of >them< even ideal candidates. Not really.

Its very hard, in realistic fashion, who would make a good President. BUT, I can guarantee you...in todays environment...the ideal candidate would probably never even run...let alone get elected. The truth is just too unpopular in today's environment.

New That's twice in one year...
...that we agree on something.

No wonder Mt. Aetna is acting up...
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New I think I just saw the Devil's breath!

New New ski resort opens in hell!
Yeah, you're right.

Sheesh, I'm agreeing with the hard-boiled one. This is truly a day of wonder.
Don Richards,
Proud recipient of the ABBA.
(the Ashton Brown Brevity Award)
New Yabut - that's only about the stark fact.
Our Positive One finds the general milieu to be: Ok; it's following the velocity of money just fine, ergo:

The Market Is Working\ufffd
What Else Is There?

(..funny how nuanced that word, working though)

42 - the sum-of-all spreadsheets in 8-dimensional phase-space (er Riemann geometry please).
New Concur.
     Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone. The wrong guy's in charge. - (mmoffitt) - (65)
         Yawn.... - (bepatient) - (49)
             Why wouldn't they release the results? - (Silverlock) - (48)
                 Whats the point? - (bepatient) - (47)
                     designed? - (Silverlock) - (46)
                         Ah, but remember "we have to watch what we say/do now" :-( -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             Damn, I forgot. - (Silverlock)
                         Re: designed? - (bepatient) - (43)
                             How are things in Wonderland? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Go ask Alice...when she's ten feet tall. -NT - (bepatient)
                             Of course; that very same freedom of the Corporate press - (Ashton) - (40)
                                 I have discounted US media for a very long time... - (bepatient) - (39)
                                     Yes, of course. - (Ashton) - (34)
                                         Social consequence... - (bepatient) - (33)
                                             So then.. - (Ashton) - (32)
                                                 Minor Nit. - (mmoffitt)
                                                 The part that your missing... - (bepatient) - (28)
                                                     Oh, that's good. - (mmoffitt) - (27)
                                                         OoaT (Off on a Tangent) - (drewk) - (6)
                                                             Don't assume static output. - (mmoffitt)
                                                             I don't see it that way - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                                                 It's the shift to a service industry, too - (drewk) - (3)
                                                                     Yes, that's the scale I'd prefer to think about - at least - (Ashton)
                                                                     Star Trek - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                         ..Yeah .. but___ it's a *dry heat*____________________:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                                                         Hmm... - (bepatient) - (19)
                                                             Nice Try. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                                                 So you don't like averages - (bepatient) - (14)
                                                                     You are nothing, if not a gentleman. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                     Addendum. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                                                                         I read the link... - (bepatient) - (11)
                                                                             That last does tend to indicate, however - (Ashton) - (10)
                                                                                 Dismal Science. - (bepatient) - (9)
                                                                                     Are you describing, endorsing or wishing? - (Ashton)
                                                                                     Aren't you putting de SCART before the hobby-horse? - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                                                                         Boy did you guys miss my point. - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                                             I didn't study Econ, but I'm not following this. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                                                                 It may be a minor nit.... - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                                     Much better! - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                                                         Wow...my very own LRPD...*blush* -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                                                     Seemed more a dripping thorn.. howsomeever - - (Ashton)
                                                                                             OK, sorry -- I was going to ask, but must have forgotten: - (CRConrad)
                                                             Per capita income is *not* the same as wages - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                 I believe... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                     I don't see it there - (ben_tilly)
                                                 Ashton...Haven't you just recited the Ferengi constitution? -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                                                     Is there a difference - theirs / ours *in practice* ? - (Ashton)
                                     One thing that NPR carries... - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                                         Most convenient. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             Yes - when you're near an internet connection. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                                 Quite so, quite so. -NT - (bepatient)
         Of *course* the wrong guy's in charge. - (marlowe) - (14)
             For once... - (inthane-chan) - (10)
                 Why did the ground under my feet just move? - (bepatient) - (9)
                     Even more agreement: exactly! - (Ashton)
                     OK. Who would have been the "right" guy or gal? - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         If they'd given us a choice between McCain and Bradley... - (marlowe)
                         Karl Marx. But he's dead. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         Oh, great, had to go and ruin it, eh? - (admin) - (1)
                             They don't call me "Threadkiller" for nothin' ya know. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Thats an easy one... - (bepatient)
                     That's twice in one year... - (jb4) - (1)
                         I think I just saw the Devil's breath! -NT - (bepatient)
             New ski resort opens in hell! - (Silverlock) - (1)
                 Yabut - that's only about the stark fact. - (Ashton)
             Concur. -NT - (mmoffitt)