IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Regedit "locked by administrator".
I know I've got a book on Windows around here somewhere, but I can't find it, so maybe someone here can give me a hint. A client has a bunch of computers on which, if you try to run Regedit, a box pops up saying the administrator has locked the use of regedit. How do I unlock this critter?

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New User and Group Profiles? uhhh..tool is "poledit" IIRC
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly by the chain of their own ideas;...despair and time eat away the bonds of iron and steel, but they are powerless against the habitual union of ideas, they can only tighten it still more; and on the soft fibres of the brain is founded the unshakable base of the soundest of Empires."

Jacques Servan, 1767
New Re: Regedit "locked by administrator".
Use REGEDT32 (as admin). Find the hive you want to muck with. Boink the security tab on the top. Select permissions. You should get a popup permissions dialog similar to that of files in explorer. Give yourself permission to do what you want and do it to it...

Should work.

Regards,
Hugh
New Well, administrator didn't work because . .
. . it turns out the former admin didn't use the network method (probably because the network isn't complete yet).

I made them a pair of Poledit floppys, one for 95, one for 98. Stick in the floppy, run poledit, turn Regedit on, do the dirty work, turn regedit back off, go to the next one. Tedious, but it works.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Regedit "locked by administrator". - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
         User and Group Profiles? uhhh..tool is "poledit" IIRC -NT - (tseliot)
         Re: Regedit "locked by administrator". - (hnick) - (1)
             Well, administrator didn't work because . . - (Andrew Grygus)

She can do the Kessel run in under 2 parsecs!
34 ms