I agree, fuck the House of Saud. Those bastards spent their time since the Gulf War blaming the U.S. for everything. When there was a chance to knock of Saddam, all we heard from them was "Uh, this coalition don't have a mandate for that." And we stupidly listened.

The problem with pushing them over is that a more horrific regime takes its place. That isn't so bad in itself since few inside the country would be able to tell the difference. But if some even nuttier regime, say one led by bin Laden, takes over, they have the Holy Shrines Where Muhammed Pissed The Holy Piss under their control.

That would enable them to manipulate Islam in ways we'd rather not see happen. Bin Laden wants the Islam of the 8th century, a violent conquoring Islam. If that happens, after they get fitted out with a full compliment of nuclear and biological weapons, then I don't see anything in their religion that would prevent its being twisted to support the Holy Goddamn War of Muslim Liberation of All Infidels from their Unholy Lives.

Islam is slipping into the Breshnev Doctrine: What's mine is mine, what's yours is open to discussion. I hope I'm being overly pessimisstic this morning, but right now, it is the whole religion I do not trust. Anything with that encompassing a hold over that many minds is too ripe for Hilterian manipulation.