1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New $400
first $400 = no tariff
next $1,000 = 4% tariff
everything over that, normal tariffs

So you can bring back $1,400 of stuff and only pay $40 in tariffs.

Tony
New Cool
Just checked - it's a lot less expensive to fly to Europe than I thought - provided you fly on non-peak days($400 vs $2000). I think I'll plan to attend Warpstock in Europe next year and take some extra time off for site seeing.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New And non-peak time of the year
Rates go up in June. I was able to fly out at the end of June on LTU (small German tourist airline) for $500, but everybody else was at least twice this much. I'm thinking about going again next May -- I'd like to spend more time in Bavaria instead of driving all over the place.

The internet was a big help, especially Travelocity (where you can put in a request for "cheapest rate during these months" and then check all the requirements). It's also good to check individual airlines, too; my impression was that for tourists to Germany, LTU and Lufthansa seemed to have the best rates. LTU, however, only flies out of five north american cities.

I had a great time, so I'd highly recommend saving up and giving it a try.

Tony
     The Warpstock Report - (SpiceWare) - (23)
         but, but, but... - (cwbrenn) - (21)
             Just dropped them a note - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                 $400 - (tonytib) - (2)
                     Cool - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                         And non-peak time of the year - (tonytib)
             Good news from ARtem - (SpiceWare) - (12)
                 woohoo! - (cwbrenn) - (10)
                     it's standard IEEE 802.11 - (SpiceWare) - (9)
                         Re: it's standard IEEE 802.11 - (madodel) - (8)
                             Hey Mark. Good to see you here. Welcome! :-) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Re: Hey Mark. Good to see you here. Welcome! :-) - (madodel)
                             Howdy Mark! Got a question. - (cwbrenn) - (5)
                                 Re: Howdy Mark! Got a question. - (madodel) - (4)
                                     I'll write one, once I get it working - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                                         Re: I'll write one, once I get it working - (madodel) - (1)
                                             It's working, but still fighting the Windows problem - (SpiceWare)
                                         I take that back - (SpiceWare)
                 ARtem accepts Visa & MasterCard -NT - (SpiceWare)
             Wireless NIC order has been placed - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                 Cool - (cwbrenn)
                 Shipping 70 DM(about 32 USD) - (SpiceWare)
                 DHL is FAST! - (SpiceWare)
         prelease VPC update - (SpiceWare)

I learned much knowledge from this post.
56 ms