IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Faugh.
Look, the whole "Great Satan" thing that ObL grabbed and ran with was invented by the rulers of the Islamic nations. The actual term comes from Iran, but the concept has been around for a long time.

And so has the reason for it. The Tsars did it; Hitler did it; every two-bit tyrant in the world does it. If they can point to them guys over yonder and say, "Those are the bad guys. They keep you poor. Hate 'em." it takes people's minds off the simple fact that they (the tyrants) could not, in fact, manage a lemonade stand with subsidies from Papa.

From full-blown support and encouragement in Saudi Arabia to tacit agreement in Egypt, _all_ of them use the tactic. Saddam is boisterous and defiant, the folks running Syria are sneaky and cruel, and the Iranians can't quite decide yet; Lebanon is still just a place on the map where people die, Pakistan would be halfway reasonable if India wasn't next door, and Indonesia is a dog's breakfast (or more accurately, what's left of one). All of them grab onto blaming the U.S. and/or Israel as an out for their own incompetence.

Now we have the Sons of Ibn Saud saying, oh, we miscalculated. F* em. Their "miscalculation" bought them Osama, who took what _they_ thought was a tactic to keep the people quiet and turned it into a political movement. If it wasn't for the fact that we've now declared we've got to hunt him down, I'd be tempted to offer ObL the throne of Saudi Arabia; at least he'd be where we could see him.

The Palestinians are a flag, a bloody shirt to wave; _nobody_ but the United States gives a damn about the Palestinians.

I would instruct every diplomat assigned to an Islamic country to respond to every question, pleasantry, or conversational gambit with the phrase, "Israel will continue to exist." Followed by whatever the actual topic was... If we could just get that concept planted in their minds, we might be able to move forward.
Regards,
Ric
New Biruit in the 70's was the Paris of the east
without the obnoxiousness of the French. Peaceful and beautiful until Jordan expelled the Palestinians and they settled with Syrian approval in lebanon. The Palestinians destroyed lebanon like they are trying to destro Israel. Israel under Palestinian rule would be like Beruit now, every block an armed camp with extra juidicial killings every night and a populace rules by hate and fear.
thanx,
bill
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New You are describing Israel as it is today.
[link|http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/meast/10/15/hamas/index.html|CNN piece.]
every block an armed camp with extra juidicial killings every night and a populace rules by hate and fear.

Sure, extra juidicial killing is damned convenient.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Yup, wonder where they got the idea?
The nasty habit of Arafat killing pro peace israeli arabs?
nah, too convenient.
thanx,
bill
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New Nah, it's an old practice.
Documented in sacred scripts, somewhere.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Re: Faugh.
I agree, fuck the House of Saud. Those bastards spent their time since the Gulf War blaming the U.S. for everything. When there was a chance to knock of Saddam, all we heard from them was "Uh, this coalition don't have a mandate for that." And we stupidly listened.

The problem with pushing them over is that a more horrific regime takes its place. That isn't so bad in itself since few inside the country would be able to tell the difference. But if some even nuttier regime, say one led by bin Laden, takes over, they have the Holy Shrines Where Muhammed Pissed The Holy Piss under their control.

That would enable them to manipulate Islam in ways we'd rather not see happen. Bin Laden wants the Islam of the 8th century, a violent conquoring Islam. If that happens, after they get fitted out with a full compliment of nuclear and biological weapons, then I don't see anything in their religion that would prevent its being twisted to support the Holy Goddamn War of Muslim Liberation of All Infidels from their Unholy Lives.

Islam is slipping into the Breshnev Doctrine: What's mine is mine, what's yours is open to discussion. I hope I'm being overly pessimisstic this morning, but right now, it is the whole religion I do not trust. Anything with that encompassing a hold over that many minds is too ripe for Hilterian manipulation.
Gerard Allwein
     Proxies pro and con - (marlowe) - (7)
         Prince Faisal regrets having helped the Taliban - (marlowe) - (6)
             Faugh. - (Ric Locke) - (5)
                 Biruit in the 70's was the Paris of the east - (boxley) - (3)
                     You are describing Israel as it is today. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                         Yup, wonder where they got the idea? - (boxley) - (1)
                             Nah, it's an old practice. - (a6l6e6x)
                 Re: Faugh. - (gtall)

A vampire walrus would look just like a regular walrus.
86 ms