IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New DOS performance problem
I'd really like to take a crack at it. Is it possible for me to get my hands on a copy of the program to try it here?

BTW- do you want me to mail you a copy of the new demo CD? It boots off the CD, doesn't touch the hard drive, auto-recognises NICs, and permits on the fly configuration of either dial-up or broadband networking (not including xDSL). Also, what US publications do you think might be interested in bundling a CD? We'd like to avoid having the ISO on a DVD along with a ton of others if we can... we're looking at having a CD that can just be popped into a PC and fired up. Any thoughts on good venues to take that to?
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Sure
I'm going to send you a large DOS database (Ingram's price list) on CD because it's a real killer. The problem exists with all DOS programs, but the ones I wrote are so fast they are still usable. The Ingram list pages instantly through fixpack 13, then 14 and eCS paging slows to a crawl.

Some have replied to my inquiries that there isn't a problem, but I remember seeing a note somewhere on the internet of it having something to do with networking but I've never been able to relocate that note. The network is NetBEUI over TCP/IP (to support Linux servers).

We're going to have to try real installs of the latest version of eCS, because I had endless problems. I wrote up some stuff but never finished it and emailed it because I was so busy (set back tring to get eCS to work for 2 days). I'll dress it up and send it too. One install worked, all other attempts failed in one way or another, and no version of the InJoy dialer worked with eCS for more than 2 reconnects - but they all worked fine on Warp 4.

Actually, one of my emails to you told you to invoice me for one eCS upgrade license, but you never did - must have missed that sentence in the email. That machine ran for awhile to support Virtual PC, but the client asked me to return it to OS/2 v4 and build a Windows machine becaue Virtual PC was a pain and the DOS performance problem was intolerable.

The need for the Windows PC evaporated, but it found a new life supporting an on-line banking program that only works with Internet Explorer and acting as a print server.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Two pieces of news - (jake123) - (3)
         Test Results - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             DOS performance problem - (jake123) - (1)
                 Sure - (Andrew Grygus)

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
79 ms