IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New General agreement.
The folks in the humanitarian aid business (angels of mercy and all that) are basically saying "If we didn't do it, it can't be right". "Damned Americans are horning in on our turf!" "Just give *us* the money!"

There is always room for improvement. However, starving people will eat whatever they get and be grateful. Sure beats eating weeds and dirt.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Weeds and dirt would be luxuries
OK, I haven't been there since I was 7, but the place sucked bad enough that a 7 year old could tell.

No weeds. Damned little dirt - my detail at the time was to try to curb my little brother's dirt-eating habit. In Iran, that was hard. In Afghanistan, no problem. There were rocks and gravel but damned little dirt. Weeds? Hah.

----
"You don't have to be right - just use bolded upper case" - annon.
New Food Drops
An article talking about the food packages being dropped in Afganistan: [link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A52647-2001Oct12.html|Washington Post]. Almost certainly, each of these packages contains more nutional stuff than the average Afgan has seen in the past month (or two). That could cause "issues" for some digestive systems. Hmmm, what about that moist towelette? Hey, it's wet; a bit chewy though.... Ah well, with experience they'll either figure it out or ignore it.
Have fun,
Carl Forde
     The case against famine relief for Afghanistan - (marlowe) - (11)
         Logistics - (kmself) - (1)
             You got Jews in the US Army, no? Kosher MREs should do it... -NT - (CRConrad)
         The Law of Unintended Consequences.. again - (Ashton)
         Who gives a flying fuck. - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
             Thank you Andrew. -NT - (bepatient)
             Well.. that's the reductio absurdum argument, of course. - (Ashton)
             General agreement. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 Weeds and dirt would be luxuries - (mhuber)
                 Food Drops - (cforde)
             Damned if we do and damned if we don't - (orion)
         Newly Republican rebuts the case against food drops - (marlowe)

Not sure if that makes your statement true or false...
65 ms