IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: There are a couple other candidate explanations for that
The "cutesy" effects just slow it down further ...

I have all the crap turned off and it's STILL slow as hell ...
For me anyway, I had to modify how I used a web browser ... When my firm's default browser was Communicator, I had turned off all the toolbars and address bar to free up screen real-estate and used the "Context" menu to navigate back-n-forth ...

Now since they switched over to IE 5.5 I have to at least keep the main toolbar enabled to go b-n-f as the context menu is terrible slow ...

And why does right-clicking on a network drive in Explorer (not IE) to disconnect it still seem to take forever ??? We have well over 50 different servers thruout the firm ... My default mappings I use are few so as to NOT slow down opening and using Explorer ... but during the day I do a lot of temporary mapping as needed so I need to dis-connect pretty regularly certain drives ... I right-click, and seem to have to wait forever for the context menu to appear ...

Someone mentioned how there's no "speedup" with the current generation of 2D video cards ... I tend to agree ... I remember when I used a Diamond SpeedStar Pro with Windows 3.x (the old frame-buffer card) ... Diamond's drivers were EXTREMELY fast when running at 800 x 600 ... granted I'm now running 1024 x 768 but I'd think with today's later hardware it would fly ... especially under Windows XP ... but it sucks terribly ... The default drivers for the ATI Rage 128 Pro series of cards doesn't even support directX ... I had to go back to ATI's windows 2000 drivers under XP to be able to run Descent 3 ... seems pathetic to me ...

Greg
New One less toolbar for IE
you can use the backspace key to go back and alt-right arrow key (does it have a name?)to go forward
happy surfing

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://wxxe.org|http://wxxe.org]
     Windows UI Trivia. - (inthane-chan) - (13)
         And this is a surprise? -NT - (wharris2) - (5)
             Nope... - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                 Or you can.... - (orion) - (1)
                     Still - (Steven A S)
                 Same thing - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                     Thank God for cmd.exe... - (inthane-chan)
         Almost no hardware level at all - (JayMehaffey) - (2)
             I thought they could. - (static) - (1)
                 There is some - (JayMehaffey)
         That explains some behavior I've seen. - (admin) - (3)
             There are a couple other candidate explanations for that: - (CRConrad) - (2)
                 Re: There are a couple other candidate explanations for that - (skidmarx) - (1)
                     One less toolbar for IE - (andread)

5000 years from now, they'll all be mystified and have their tourist pics snapped in front of it.
72 ms