IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Malcolm X
I don't know that I would necessarily agree that Islam facilitates violence, but I do think it does promote a more belligerent mindset. One need look no further than the black leadership of the '60s to see a contrast in styles between MLK and Malcolm X. Both were great men that were in a fight against injustice, but their styles and rhetoric were extremely different.

Perhaps it is a misperception, but I think the Islamic world values voices of militancy similar to Malcolm X and there are precious few purveyors of compromise and understanding. I haven't heard a single Islamic voice calling out in the wild about how the situation can be resolved peacefully.

Of course, it's quite possible that the voices of reason, moderation and compassion within Islam are kept under wraps by dictatorships and theocracies. And, of course, any person that stands up and tries to present a solution (other than the Final Solution), is instantly noticed by the extremists groups.

One other undercurrent within the Arab world that I keep hearing about is the idea of establishing a Pan Arabic Empire. That is, it seems to be the dream of a lot of these people that the entire mideast should be a single country ruled by the laws of Islam. This seems to be the biggest beef that they have going against the west - they blame the west for dividing them up into small fiefdoms.

The problem is that in order for this dream to become a reality, practically every government in the area as it currently exists would have to be toppled. I can easily imagine some 100 million people becoming the victims of this effort to bring about Pan Arabia.
New The interesting thing about Malcolm...
...is after he made his pilgrimage to Mecca, and broke with Elijah Muhammad, he mellowed quite a bit in his tone - and claimed that a lot of his earlier, fiery rhetoric had been in error...

It's been a while, but I need to go back and dig up some old readings of mine. Probably be somewhere around #630 - Finish all the miscellaneous things I'll do when I'm done with school.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New He Was Murdered
..by the Nation of Islam, after coming around to a viewpoint similar to Dr. King.
     Salon's take on Islam - (marlowe) - (4)
         I don't believe that Islamic people promote murder ... - (brettj)
         Malcolm X - (ChrisR) - (2)
             The interesting thing about Malcolm... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 He Was Murdered - (deSitter)

Unfortunately, the hard part is moderation...
75 ms