IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wherein I admit I was wrong.
I just heard... DNA tests confirm it's Saddam. Unless someone on McNews has screwed up again, we've bagged him - alive.

I was sure he'd never let himself be taken alive. But he looks like a broken man. It's not the first time I've overestimated the resistance in Iraq. I should try to be less credulous about such things in the future.

By the way, there's now some doubt as to whether Saddam was really running the post-war reistance. He doesn't seem capable. But he was an important figurehead, and his capture is a major pysch victory. Iraqis are dancing in the streets. Some of them are flying the hammer and sickle, but hey. It's a free country... thanks to us.
----------------------------------------------------------------
DEAL WITH IT.
"If I may be candid for a moment, and let's see you try to stop me..." - Jay Conrad Levinson
Compromise is for suckers. Seeking a middle ground is what led to 9/11.
"I do not want to be admired by scumbags and liars and wife beaters. I want to be admired by good and decent, intelligent and just people, and in order to achieve this I need to do things that make me despised by their opposites." - Bill Whittle
Never mind all the mass graves. Where's the nerve gas?
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfire...arlowe/index.html]
Expand Edited by marlowe Dec. 14, 2003, 08:55:47 AM EST
New Wherein I say, Piss off bot
The boogie man is nothing but a rat in a hole.

It shows how stupid this entire "war" is. What will happen now? Torture until he signs the WMD confession? "Discovery" of a secret cache of chemical weapons?

He was nothing but a criminal, he hid like a criminal, and he was captured like a criminal.
-drl
New Nope. He was a head of state.
And now he _is_ but a criminal. And hopefully will stand trial. If the crowd doesn't tear him to pieces first.

As to the resistance, he may not be the real leader, but it was done in his name. The opposition has not other name to gather behind. We (well, our Army) denied the psychological strength to at least major part of the resistance. Mr. Sadr is the next step, but he is far more reasonable, comparing to Baathists.
--

"There's nothing more nervous than a million dollars. It does not speak French, it does not speak English, it does not speak German and it moves very fast."

-- Jean Chretien
New Re: Nope. He was a head of state.
Well, I'm glad they got him. Traditionally Americans don't gloat, and any way you cut it, this entire story is sad.

This gloating BS has to go.
-drl
New There's a time and a place for "gloating"
In this case, my rather pointed celebration is a way of driving home a point. And from your reaction, it's clear that the point hasn't sunk in yet. Until it does, brace for more gloating. And this "Mommy, he's gloating me!" stuff won't help.

At least I don't do the end zone dance every time an American soldier gets gunned down by a dead ender. Like some people I could name here.

This story is only sad as it impacts those who prefer evil to good. It's a happy day for the cause of freedom, and that of world peace. It's a sad day for tyranny. I don't drink myself, but I'd gladly buy the whole idiotarian horde here a round of beers to cry in.

Yeah, you're glad they got him. I can tell. Your joy is just bubbling over. It positively radiates from your posts. Why every time I read your missives, I can see you in my mind, singing hosannas to heaven that Saddam is no longer in a position to inspire terrorism. Why you just can't stop talking about how happy you are. [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=130731|Do try to contain your enthusiasm.]
----------------------------------------------------------------
DEAL WITH IT.
"How can I go to the bathroom when my people are in bondage?" - Saddam Hussein
"If I may be candid for a moment, and let's see you try to stop me..." - Jay Conrad Levinson
Compromise is for suckers. Seeking a middle ground is what led to 9/11.
"I do not want to be admired by scumbags and liars and wife beaters. I want to be admired by good and decent, intelligent and just people, and in order to achieve this I need to do things that make me despised by their opposites." - Bill Whittle
Never mind all the mass graves. Where's the nerve gas?
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfire...arlowe/index.html]
New (Psssst! Ross! Ix-nay on the Eed-fay!)
jb4
"There are two ways for you to have lower Prescription-drug costs. One is you could hire Rush Limbaugh's housekeeper ... or you can elect me President."
John Kerry
New Huh?
--

"There's nothing more nervous than a million dollars. It does not speak French, it does not speak English, it does not speak German and it moves very fast."

-- Jean Chretien
New Confusion is the price you pay for having spent your youth..
outside the US (and perhaps other English speaking countries). :)

[link|http://users.snowcrest.net/donnelly/piglatin.html|Pig Latin]

You'll figure it out!
Alex

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true. -- Demosthenes, Greek orator (384-322 BCE)
New Oink-way!
--

"It\ufffds possible to build a reasonably prosperous society that invests in its people, doesn\ufffdt invade its neighbors, opposes Israel and stands up to America. (Just look at France.)"

-- James Lileks
New Even us Aussies eekspay igpae atinlae

iyemay arentspae oosedyae it all the imetae.

(and they weren't even Catholics) :-)

Cheers

Doug
     Wherein I admit I was wrong. - (marlowe) - (9)
         Wherein I say, Piss off bot - (deSitter) - (8)
             Nope. He was a head of state. - (Arkadiy) - (7)
                 Re: Nope. He was a head of state. - (deSitter) - (6)
                     There's a time and a place for "gloating" - (marlowe)
                     (Psssst! Ross! Ix-nay on the Eed-fay!) -NT - (jb4) - (4)
                         Huh? -NT - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                             Confusion is the price you pay for having spent your youth.. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                 Oink-way! -NT - (Arkadiy)
                             Even us Aussies eekspay igpae atinlae - (dmarker)

Note for the linguistically-impaired: That was a rhetorical question. (Second note, for the vocabulary-challenged: That means you're not supposed to answer it.)
51 ms