IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not if they want to claim
the person in question wasn't living up to their potential. If they reduce the responsibilities, it will be seen that they are planning on getting rid of them. So they heat up the pot so to speak.

One thing that I did notice was that the new tasks require me to do things like document someone else's code, create a map of the Intranet, document all my programs, fix someone else's code, etc. They had plans to get rid of me and wanted everything documented so someone else could take over for me.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New The University wasn't that smart with me...
They didn't groom anyone to take over, and thus when I was gone, well, let's just say it got pretty hectic for awhile there. hehee.

Nightowl >8#
"The difference between being immature and child-like is that one is what you are, and one is what you choose to be."

Comment by Nightowl {O,O}
New Wrongful Termination Lawsuits
This is California, which I'm certain is more in favor of plaintiffs than is Missouri:

[link|http://www.uchastings.edu/plri/96-97tex/jury.htm|http://www.uchasting...96-97tex/jury.htm]

There are three types of case:

1. Contract cases
2. Public policy cases: retaliation and discrimination
3. Independent torts

Yours could not have been 1 or 2. It would necessarily have been a "tort" case, You'd have to prove that the company did this and that to aggrieve you, in addition to firing you. So - I am supposed to believe the company actually WOULD go to great lengths and actually COMMIT tortius actions, leaving a wide trail, when they could simply fire you for non-performance and be nearly certain of winning in court?

And if you honestly believe this is what happened, then sue them! You have a 45% chance of winning a tort case in California. It must be somewhat lower here, but you have evidence, no? And all you have to do is get to a jury. Maybe they'll settle.
-drl
New That is the problem
any evidence I had was left at work. They most likely destroyed it by now.

Remember that they "lost" my doctors' notes so my sick days counted against me. They know how to "lose" something really quick. They also know how to fabricate evidence. Just like piranha, coworkers will attack someone that management goes against just to score points with management. All of a sudden people I never heard of before or even have seen or communicated with were filing reports on me. Anything to file bad stuff to get a bad review on me, and then they can use the review, that I signed out of protest on, in court as evidence that I was a bad employee. So if I do sue it will be my word, aginst the words of a number of employees there that signed papers saying who knows what against me. They never showed the reports to me, just told me about them. I asked to see them and they denied me to see them. I am sure that since I left they have fabricated more documentation on me just in case I do decide to sue. All in my HR file, which should have it's own file cabinate or box by now.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

Abercrombie ex-bosses: Pretty workers favored - (lincoln) - (24)
         I've seen this before - (orion) - (21)
             Ummm - (Ashton) - (20)
                 No Jag in cubical - (orion) - (19)
                     Point. Missed.___ I should realize... -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Point not valid - (orion)
                     Feeling a tad self-important, Norm? - (rcareaga) - (16)
                         Kewl! That's from the Onion! - (Nightowl)
                         Quite the opposite, a tad unimportant - (orion) - (14)
                             Re: Quite the opposite, a tad unimportant - (deSitter) - (13)
                                 If only you had worked with me, you would have agreed. - (orion) - (6)
                                     Re: If only you had worked with me, you would have agreed. - (deSitter) - (5)
                                         It does happen. - (Nightowl)
                                         And as an aside... - (Nightowl)
                                         I agree it is nuts - (orion) - (2)
                                             Re: I agree it is nuts - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                 The problem is - (orion)
                                 Ask Broom - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                                     Re: Ask Broom - (deSitter) - (4)
                                         Not if they want to claim - (orion) - (3)
                                             The University wasn't that smart with me... - (Nightowl)
                                             Wrongful Termination Lawsuits - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                 That is the problem - (orion)
         Guilty here - (deSitter)
         In other news: pretty hookers get more clients. - (Arkadiy)

Specifically, why is he still allowed to make them?
46 ms