IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Is it really charity .....
When the thing you are giving is essentially worthless?
For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong
H. L. Mencken, Mencken's Metalaw
New Better than pitching it into the dump
should I toss it into a land-fill or find some group that might make a use out of it?

I am sure that someone with an older computer system Circa 1993-1996 could make use of it. Someone who cannot even afford a Pentium or higher system and cannot afford the latest 250M Software titles.

Bah, maybe I should just take out a sledgehammer and pound it into bits to releave some of my stress?

Picking up the pieces of my broken life.
New If it makes you feel better
By all means, pound the living sh*t out of it. A little venting sounds like it would do you good.
For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong
H. L. Mencken, Mencken's Metalaw
New The years are not kind to party girls...
...or old computer hardware.

If you know a computer museum that might have an interest, or someone who needs to do data conversion, part it out. It's worthless for practical use. Media are likely not avialable or prohibitively expensive.

My choice: toss it. If you're feeling responsible, find a place that accepts computer hardware for proper disposal -- toxics, etc., are an issue.
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
New I don't know of any place like that
at least near me. Nobody seems to want to take in used computer parts. Might as well sell it on Ebay to someone that doesn't know any better and thinks that $15 or more is a bargan for a Tape Drive? :)

New Oh, the media's still available.
It's a loooooong time before Imation discontinues a tape. Problem is, these Colorado things barely worked to start with. I've got a heap of dead and useless ones.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New I must be very very lucky then
It has been sitting on a shelf for almost 6 years and still works ok. I can read tapes that I made in 1994 and 1995. Just that two sets of Windows 95 backups seem to be a "Bad Format" or something.

I recall in 1994 that I had to download an updated version of the tape software to avoid CRC (Not you Christian) errors on restores.

FTape for Windows - (orion) - (11)
         A few general thoughts - (kmself) - (10)
             Recovery of old data - (orion) - (9)
                 $15? - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                     I might as well give it away to charity then - (orion) - (7)
                         Is it really charity ..... - (Silverlock) - (6)
                             Better than pitching it into the dump - (orion) - (5)
                                 If it makes you feel better - (Silverlock)
                                 The years are not kind to party girls... - (kmself) - (3)
                                     I don't know of any place like that - (orion)
                                     Oh, the media's still available. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                         I must be very very lucky then - (orion)

He's only an inch tall. He's a little short fat guy who eats way too much pizza.
68 ms