IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: UF is pissing everyone off?
Why?

Equating tech support with live combat, I would guess. I thought it was pretty tasteless myself
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Ok, not everybody..
I guess not the cartoonists who miss their main character's name getting lost... :)

Yeah. I've seen a *lot* of very nasty comments on the net (usenet, and on the message board there) about the transposition.

Sure we joke about it, make inferences, but no, its not quite the same, and he's going above and beyond.

Now, I'd also note that I read UF these days.. just cause, I think he long ago lost the reason I started reading it. I forget somedays days at a time. (Kind of like HD's schedule! :) Just kidding, Chris. :))

HD is very good - and almost everybody I show a strip to, becomes a reader. Sinfest is uniformly good. GPF is at least interesting. I've started reading Sluggy now, and its got some rib-splitters as I was reading the archives.

UF... just.. is... about computers. And not all that funny, nor even that relevant.

And I think he's really ticked off most of the audience with this stunt.

Addison
New Ah. The veteran gag.
I didn't find it offensive, per se, I just didn't find it convincing. All I could think is, "that veteran would kick Greg's ass for trying to pull that stunt." :)

Oh well.

One thing though, it would have been a lot less offensive if Sept 11 hadn't been the day it was... and I suspect Illiad (like Jeff Darlington and almost everyone else in the webcomics world but me) does all of his strips well in advance...
"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New I wasn't offended, myself.
Just kind of disappointed.

I don't know what he's going to do. Perhaps he'll have the vets convince Greg how Tech Support Ain't Shit compared to wearing your best friend's brain for a week.

So I'm not offended - yet. But he'd better hurry if he's going to. :)

Its just similar in tone to many other strips, that don't have that aspect to them.

And its possible he's been savng the storyline - he did change it radically after the attack, being in the missile silo.

But its aggravating a lot of people, thus my comment.

Addison
     Does anybody speak "1337"? Ubersoft... - (inthane-chan) - (30)
         D00d! j00 6077@ b3 |<lddI|\\|6 |V|3! -NT - (drewk)
         Didn't mean to imply... - (inthane-chan) - (21)
             I should have known - (cwbrenn) - (20)
                 How painful was it to write? - (drewk) - (19)
                     hehehe - (cwbrenn)
                     Not as painful as to read that... - (addison) - (17)
                         UF is pissing everyone off? - (cwbrenn) - (4)
                             Re: UF is pissing everyone off? - (Fearless Freep) - (3)
                                 Ok, not everybody.. - (addison) - (2)
                                     Ah. The veteran gag. - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                                         I wasn't offended, myself. - (addison)
                         Gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! - (drewk) - (11)
                             YM "64444444444|-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|!!!!!", no? -NT - (CRConrad) - (10)
                                 You counted them. You actually counted them. -NT - (drewk) - (9)
                                     Of course. WTF did you expect??? -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                         Cut & Paste with the L337 translator -NT - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                             Type one of each, copy-paste correct # of times; it's faster -NT - (CRConrad)
                                     And, so did YOU... -NT - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                         Did I? - (drewk) - (4)
                                             Yes, you must have - how else would you have known *I* did? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                 Hey! I was talking to Peter, not you. -NT - (drewk)
                                             (& of course Peter knew that from my exchange with Spicy D.) -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                 Besides, you could be playing the same game ... -NT - (drewk)
         |)4|\\/||\\|! 4|\\|07|-|3|2 57|21|> 70 |>|-|0|_|_0\\/\\/ - (SpiceWare) - (5)
             |\\|0\\/\\/ C|_|7 7|-|47 0|_|7! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             I could figure out everything except the "F" - (cwbrenn) - (2)
                 f and ph sound the same -NT - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                     ohhhh, I get it. Duh. :) -NT - (cwbrenn)
             |3|_|7 175 4 600|) 1 -NT - (bepatient)
         42 -NT - (Ashton)

"Yes, but what if you get out of that groove?"
"Well, then I'm in trouble."
63 ms