IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New MicroFUD redux
"It's like [link|http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/33983.html|deja vu all over again"]

"Microsoft Corp said it would be forced to offer European consumers a substandard version of Windows if the European Union makes it re-write its operating system," sources close to the case said.

Pull that trigger, sources close to Microsoft say, and Europe will be doomed to run second class Windows. Which amounts to, what?

The sources say that users will be deprived of the benefits of bundled Windows Media Player, the DRM-friendly Windows accessory Microsoft proposes as the music industry's weapon of choice for the digital age (unaccountably, the sources seem not to have mentioned that last bit).

Hmmmm... No brain-damaged, viral-DRM Micros~1 media player. Sounds more like an incentive than a threat....
jb4
"There are two ways for you to have lower Prescription-drug costs. One is you could hire Rush Limbaugh's housekeeper ... or you can elect me President."
John Kerry
New I guess it depends on your definition of "inferior".
A Windows without WMP would hamper Microsoft's attempts at putting WMA and WMV everywhere.

<insincerity magnitude='vast'>Gee, what a shame.</insincerity>

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

MicroFUD redux - (jb4) - (1)
         I guess it depends on your definition of "inferior". - (static)