IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: I accept the compromise...
I've heard some of the officer corps mouth the same jingoism we hear from the Administration and its proxies. That does not please me at all. I'm with you on the fighting Joe - but in general, the Pentagon has been as much to blame for this mess as the CAIC (chief AWOLer in charge) and his chickenhawks.

Therefore, some of the blame rightly falls on the military itself, for allowing itself to be abused.

-drl
New Agree
Company grade (Lt and Cpt) officers and below are the "grunts". Once an officer hits field grade (Maj, LTC, Col) he must start to learn "politics". Once they get that star (Generals) it's a political game.
"All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever."
1 Peter 1:24-25
New Re: Agree
I had a good drinking buddy in Atlanta who was a retired Army lt. col. active in Vietnam. Man, he had stories...He was on the last level where is was remotely possible to take of of troops in the field (battalion level).
-drl
     Some statistics in a graphical form.... - (dmcarls) - (11)
         Very sobering. - (pwhysall)
         Small fraction of WTC attack. And chump change as wars go. - (marlowe) - (9)
             Do you even know what 400 people looks like? - (pwhysall) - (8)
                 Nit. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                     Nit Nit.. - (jbrabeck) - (5)
                         Nit.Nit.Nit. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                             I accept the compromise... - (jbrabeck) - (3)
                                 Re: I accept the compromise... - (deSitter) - (2)
                                     Agree - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                         Re: Agree - (deSitter)
                 I know what more than 2800 people look like. - (marlowe)

Eins, zwei, drei, vier.
50 ms