IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hmm, musta changed in the 50s
If you image-google "Rocket Richard" he's mostly in red. If you image-google "Bernie Geoffrion" he's about half red and half white :)

My sort of bad. My film vault from the 50s is sketchy :)
-drl
New nope - search sez 70-71 season
(..trying to imagine Bobby Orr's flying goal..guess he was in black..memory's fading, fading, fading..I was put into existence in 1959 and I'd like to sing you a song..Daisy, Daisy..)
-drl
New As I said...
...been home whites my whole life. :-)

Wish I could have seen the magic of Bobby Orr but at least I was around for Gretzky and Lemieux, not to mention the high flying Oiler days.
lister
New I missed almost all of Gretzky
When the Flames departed Atlanta in 1980, hockey coverage dropped to trace levels.

Then I moved to Denver in 1989, where there was little interest in NHL hockey (but a thriving fan base for the DU Pioneers) - and games on cable or network were rare.

So, from 1980 to 1996, I was essentially hockeyless, missing the entire Gretzky era :(

In the early 70s, NBC had a regular Saturday afternoon game, and that's where I got my first taste of hockey - so I do actually remember Bobby Orr playing. When we got the Flames in 1972, I was already a fan.
-drl
New Re: As I said...
Wish I could have seen the magic of Bobby Orr but at least I was around for Gretzky and Lemieux, not to mention the high flying Oiler days.

I followed Lemieux from about 1988 onward, and I thought he was just awesome. I followed him through all his comebacks, injuries, and retirement, and back to the team again as owner and then player, and I have 2 completely full 3 inch 3-ring notebooks on him.

I wasn't big on Gretzky, don't know why, but I wasn't. And I still believe that had Mario kept playing all this time and at healthy strength, he would have beaten all of Wayne's records. :)

Nightowl >8#
"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum"

Comment by Nightowl
     Another hockey season has started... - (lister) - (20)
         Re: Another hockey season has started... - (Nightowl) - (2)
             Oh geez, pick two teams that aren't going anywhere... - (lister) - (1)
                 Re: Oh geez, pick two teams that aren't going anywhere... - (Nightowl)
         Mats wasn't skating at the Joe. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
             Re: Mats wasn't skating at the Joe. - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 Eddie The Eagle - (lister) - (1)
                     Re: Eddie The Eagle - (Nightowl)
             Hey now, careful with the slurs! - (lister) - (2)
                 zat Mikael Tellquist you're on about? Relax; he WILL pan out -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Yep that's him... - (lister)
         What's this BS with the unis? Dark at home? Huh??? -NT - (deSitter) - (8)
             Just to be a pain in the ass methinks - (lister) - (7)
                 Sports is like Chopin - (deSitter) - (6)
                     Re: Sports is like Chopin - (lister) - (5)
                         Hmm, musta changed in the 50s - (deSitter) - (4)
                             nope - search sez 70-71 season - (deSitter) - (3)
                                 As I said... - (lister) - (2)
                                     I missed almost all of Gretzky - (deSitter)
                                     Re: As I said... - (Nightowl)
         ICLRPD (new thread) - (Another Scott)

Good evening, Mr. Gates. I'll be your server tonight.
49 ms