IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My understanding is that he didn't
His check was actually a loan to be covered by your estimated tax savings on that tax bill. Of course the estimate was done by taking the savings and dividing it across all taxpayers. Come tax season, most of us wound up paying it back because the tax breaks weren't actually targeted at you.

A brilliant piece of politicking on the part of his team.

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New Not quite
The refund check was computed by applying the new lowest tax bracket. The new percent means that anyone who pays any taxes would pay $300 less (e.g, the bracket is 10,000, and the percent went from 5% to 2% (off the wall figures)). Instead of changing all tax forms for this year to make everyone pay $300 less at the end of the year, they left the forms alone, and sent you $300 check. Next year, the forms will include $300, so no more checks are forthcoming.
--

OK, George W. is deceptive to be sure. Dissembling, too. And let's not forget deceitful. He is lacking veracity and frankness, and void of sooth, though seemingly sincere in his proclivity for pretense. But he did not lie.
[link|http://www.jointhebushwhackers.com/not_a_liar.cfm|Brian Wimer]
     To all you Clinton bashers out there... - (lincoln) - (13)
         That Q will go unanswered, natch. Hypocrisy is always mute. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
             We're not mute. You're deaf. - (marlowe)
         From the conservative pov, Arnold did the right thing. - (mmoffitt)
         You really have to get it right. - (bepatient) - (3)
             Heh. Re: lying under oath. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 Ahh...brilliant subject change. - (bepatient) - (1)
                     I thought the subject was lying. - (mmoffitt)
         Who's letting who skate? - (marlowe) - (5)
             Re: Who's letting who skate? - (lincoln)
             So how come Shrub cut me a check from the 'phony' surplus? - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                 My understanding is that he didn't - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Not quite - (Arkadiy)
             Bustamante is still Loot Governor, recall wasnt about him -NT - (boxley)

Bestowing a cruddy-green patina to this over-polished line of deductive reasoning.
219 ms