IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New War Not A Sport
"You could describe the overall American military strategy of sitting hundreds of miles away and lobbing cruise missiles as being cowardly"

You could describe it this way, if your intent was to provide anti-American propaganda. Once the decision has been made to go to war, the objective is to kill as many of the opposition's combatants as you can with minimal loss of your troops and noncombatants. I see nothing remotely cowardly in using the US's technological edge.

War is not a sport, there is no requirement to give terrorists a "sporting chance" to kill US troops.

This is NOT me advocating using nuclear or bio-weapons since they create too many civilian casualties.
New I agree
I agree, once we at are at war.

What I was referring to was the US's habit of using cruise missiles as a political tool against countries that can't strike back.

Jay
New Re: I agree
What I was referring to was the US's habit of using cruise missiles as a political tool against countries that can't strike back.

Not to mention the problem of avoiding the wrong targets, like the asprin factory and empty terrorist camps.
Who knows how empty the sky is
In the place of a fallen tower.
Who knows how quiet it is in the home
Where a son has not returned.

-- Anna Akhmatova (1889-1966)
New Nit.
Hi Dave,

Once the decision has been made to go to war, the objective is to kill as many of the opposition's combatants as you can with minimal loss of your troops and noncombatants.

I don't think so.

War is politics through other means. It's objective is to force the other side to concede to your political demands. Killing millions of soldiers isn't the aim - it's to get the leadership to change their policies to your liking.

Of course, you're right that you want to minimize losses on your own side.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Courage, cowardice, and rashness. - (marlowe) - (9)
         I would refine his definition some - (Steven A S)
         misguided effort - (JayMehaffey) - (7)
             Mind you, I never called them cowards either - (Steven A S)
             From another angle - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Remember that these folks were dead well before... - (a6l6e6x)
             War Not A Sport - (Decco Dave) - (3)
                 I agree - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                     Re: I agree - (wharris2)
                 Nit. - (Another Scott)

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
43 ms