IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Which begs the question:
How long until the company sues Linux distributors under the DMCA for providing a piece of software that bypasses encryption measures?
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Which begs another question:
How long until the company sues Linux distributors under the DMCA for providing a piece of software that bypasses encryption measures?

How can you sue someone if the software doesn't actually bypass the encryption methods, but simply ignores it because it wasn't designed to use those methods in the first place?

I mean, wouldn't that be the same as trying to sue Ford because their cars won't accept a Chevy engine? The Ford car isn't designed to accept the Chevy engine in the first place.
New DMCA use isn't exactly the most logical to begin with...
This would just be Yet Another Example of DMCA Stupidity.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New That's a given. ;-)
New I'm waiting for (sorry but this is rude)
for the time the RIAA lawyer sticks his own cock in his mouth and says "this is why you should ban X software/system/capability, yerrroner."

Only a matter of time, I figure.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Sadly, I agree that that is just a question of time
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
     Workaround for newest copy protection: The shift key - (lincoln) - (15)
         ROFL! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Note that I don't even have to do that. - (inthane-chan)
         Which begs the question: - (admin) - (5)
             Which begs another question: - (n3jja) - (3)
                 DMCA use isn't exactly the most logical to begin with... - (admin) - (2)
                     That's a given. ;-) -NT - (n3jja) - (1)
                         I'm waiting for (sorry but this is rude) - (jake123)
             Sadly, I agree that that is just a question of time -NT - (ben_tilly)
         you knew it was coming - student being sued under DMCA - (SpiceWare) - (6)
             What I don't get - (drewk)
             Not anymahhhrrrr. - (admin) - (4)
                 They are apparently quite depressed... - (inthane-chan)
                 Probably talked to an actual lawyer - (jake123)
                 rofl - (deSitter) - (1)
                     Actually, should be said with a thick Irish brogue. -NT - (admin)

I know members of the legislature who would disagree with you under oath.
91 ms