IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Charities? Ugh.
That lets in "Professional Fund Raisers". The company I did work for obstensively was raising money for a troopers benevolent association. Trouble was it was a handful of troopers who set up their own 501(c), hired this firm, then used around 50K of the money raised/year to send their kids off to camps while the for-profit kept roughly 2 million/year.

IF anybody calls "on behalf" of any cop association, ask them to snail mail you info and a form for sending them money (if you're inclined to help out your "local" police/troopers/fireman's association. Telemarketers are loathe to send you snail mail because they're subject to mail fraud laws - the phone gives them free reign to lie their asses off to you. Apparently, lying is protected speech.
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New Had one of those calls today.
And to misquote Paul Harvey, "now I know the rest of the story."
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     Do Not Call list put on hold by court - (admin) - (26)
         That doesn't surprise me. - (mmoffitt) - (24)
             "Put me on your do-not-call list." - (inthane-chan) - (23)
                 What really works. - (mmoffitt) - (22)
                     Only if you can get them to tell you - (tuberculosis) - (21)
                         After you decline politely once, they are fair game - (hnick)
                         Re: Only if you can get them to tell you - (pwhysall)
                         Free speech... blocked again. - (admin) - (16)
                             Unforuately, I bet - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                 Toll rates.... - (kmself)
                             IMO, a better law would be... - (mmoffitt)
                             Why Telemarketers are fighting it - (orion)
                             Being an advocate of free speech, I don't get it - (jb4) - (11)
                                 For me, they're talking about the wrong right. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                     Brings up an interesting corollary point: - (jb4)
                                     Problem is... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                         Bah,. - (admin) - (1)
                                             Me neither... - (bepatient)
                                         Charities? Ugh. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                             Had one of those calls today. - (admin)
                                     The appeal mentions privacy - (admin) - (3)
                                         I've been a telemarketer - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                             Odd, me too - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                 Tried it once but didn't inhale -NT - (andread)
                         How to block out of area calls - (orion) - (1)
                             wish that would work for me - (SpiceWare)
         Dave Barry had a great idea - (SpiceWare)

This is only a test.
76 ms