IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Forgive me, for indeed I have sined . .
. . for I have gone this evening and mingled among the common folk from whom I came, and to whom I shall to return.

So forgive me for I'm drunk as a skunk (with assistance of a bar tendress who served my needs rather than what I intended to order) and this document has not been proof read nor spell checked (nor do I intend to do either (so roast in your own private hell, CRC)).

(OK, tomorrow all I have to do is move Exchange Server from a server that can't be backed up to another server that ate itself totally last time it tied to sync to the domain. Piece of cake (as in "let them eat cake" ("cake" referring to the char on the inside of bread baking ovens for which there was no bread to bake in))).

I have achieved that state of intoxication where I see my reality as it is, not as I am normally blinded to it by familiarity. Clearly I see the smallness, the tawdriness, and the things that should be vacuumed, the piles of paper, the chips in the paint, the things my people(1) have taped to the walls and the damned computing machinery everywhere, fans roaring.

I see this with accuracy, infinite detail, in brilliant color, and without shame.

I remember a time I was in this place. friends were here, friends with no stamina, who left early, and I was not ready to sleep, so I opened a bottle of my best Cabernet (which I would not do sober). I pulled out the plans I had drawn (I was an engineering accountant at the time) to transform the blank wall between kitchen and dining. The plan was done with care, practicality, cost, and effort required, and I looked at it and admired it for that, and declaired it crap.

I drew a plan, on paper, with construction details, and then I drew the plan on the walls.

I sat down an looked at the plan and saw that it was good, but I knew myself, and knew I could rationalize, so I wrote insults to myself about how I would try to back out and procrastinate, and wrote them in exquisite detail - but I knew my capability to rationalize, so I found a hammer and I took out the wall (and a few other things too).

Saturday morning I rested as long as my nature permits, for I knew what I would be facing. When I could rest no more, I came out and made coffee(2).

I sat down and put aside the insults and examined the plan, and saw that the plan was good. I saw that the plan was without consideration for the difficulty of the work, and it required destruction of a load bearing wall, installation of a new beam in the attic and suspension of ceilings from that beam. I accepted the plan, but first I had had to clean up all the drywall heaped where the old wall had been.

Alas it is still not complete many years later, for I got involved in this technology crap and am truly fucked. I really do need to dump this trash and return to stuff that matters.

(footnote 4)

OK, so I went out and mingled with the common folk tonight, in a bar up in Tujunga (former biker territory). The place is not much bigger than my kitchen/dining room. Good luck - it was ladies pool night, so the scenery was better than usual. No beauties for sure (well, a couple near misses and an older lady with a thick braid down below her waist). Most a bit (or more than a bit) heavy, but still shapy. No one a reasonable man would cringe at waking up with, but all just plain folks.

Don's Den is different from Tin Horn Flats down in Burbank. Don's is cramped, barely room around two pool tables, but polished floors and everything scrubbed. Tin Horn Flats is way bigger, but with peeling plywood floors (wood shavings over) and looking a total wreck (despite it's "A" rating from the health inspectors). Don's has more women, which is good(3).

At 10:00 it proved to be karaoke night, and the common folk sang - rather well, actually - but then the "common folk" of this former biker berg are the grips, scenery builders, lighting techs and such behind what you see on TV.

So, now back to the main problem, Rose (not her real name (which is also not her real name)), my bookkeper, whom I love (am obsessed with). She is so sweet, and so beautiful (and old enough for me), but continues to be ever more cold and rejecting. OK, she's another nut case (see footnotes), but then all women are nut cases (same as (to women) all men are jerks). Well, Rose is actually a little more nutty, and I worry about her.

So, a year and a half ago, I decided to break my obsession and (having no time for normal social interaction) give a try to Internet resources. Unfortunately, I had Rose take the necessary photos, and when she realized what they were for she made a rather sharp remark ("So what does that make me, the female equivalent of a pimp?") which kinda blew my mood.

So I dropped that, but some stuff was already up and I got an inquiry, Molly (very nice, going by the photo (which, knowing women and photos, might be 15 years out of date)). We emailed a bit and talked on the phone once, but we were both buried in so much crap (me, Y2K disasters; her, parent's health problems) we never met.

So, a year and a half later I decide, (still with no time for normal social interaction), I'd try this Internet thing again (with pictures taken by someone else). I searched out my stuff, which had sunk deep in the sea bottom sedement of the Net, and refurbed it. So the refurb apparently stirred up the muck, and I got a response before I was ready - Molly.

So next week I expect we'll meet somewhere. Of course I know what both of us are thinking: "Hell, it's been a freak'n year and a half. What's that person doing still loose? There's got to be something amiss here".

But now I've become way too sober to write any more of this stuff and am going to bed.

**** Footnotes **************

(1). Ok, so my office assistant was celebrating last week because the State has has officialy declared her insane and she qualifies for disability payments (as soon as her (rather old) student loan debt is deducted - oh, and her former chiropracter has found her and wants restitution too). Oh, God help me (if only I believed in a God that gave a damn).

(2). Paula it was who corrupted my innocence of stimulents, who insisted on coffee in the morning (a ritual I have maintained since (though she soon rejected the stuff as a health hazzard and rejected me as not the person of her first impression)). Alas, she later married an Arab, and had to divorce him to save her life from the vengence of his Christian hating family. Last I heard she was shacked up with some dude she met on the San Diego Freeway (Paula, how you are doing?).

I remember the dream where I was married to Paula. It was so real I can still feel it nearly 20 years later. I got up from bed and walked through the kitchen and dining room. The wall between (see above) was different. there was a baby grand piano in the living room so Paula could practice her singing.

(3). OK, Tin Horn Flats has a daytime bar tendress who'd tend bar stark raving naked if they'd let her, but she gets so damned close it's pretty much moot (though the ring on her finger sort of hampers the effect).

(4). For you who program, let me tell you the truth, for you will eventually discover it on your own. Every hour you spend programming is an hour taken away from real life. Eventually you will realize this and it you will resent every hour you ever spent programming (anyone good at Pascal? I have some code I need updated)).

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Ah yes.. and for those who have cosined
and even tangented.. in vino veritas.

Gotta give yerself credit though - among all those who have seen the Light and improved a wall with or without an outline (and left it that way a while).. damn few bothered to notice it was a load-bearing wall

..in time! :-\ufffd

The others are always the Same Story, just different names; take Fran\ufffdoise - artist (still have her black & white weaving, 'Star') as reminder of bizarre week in Fr. Alps. Lucky us - she had a job there so room was free, skis almost. It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. (Hmm that could make a good start for something..)

Anyway, your perceptions of the manner of our insouciant frittering of time - are right out of Wordsworth, and are not to be denied, for..
forsooth thou speakest Truth!

The world is too much with us; late and soon,
Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers:
Little we see in Nature that is ours;
We have given our hearts away, a sordid boon!
This Sea that bares her bosom to the moon;
The winds that will be howling at all hours,
And are up-gathered now like sleeping flowers;
For this, for everything we are out of tune;
It moves us not; Great God! I'd rather be
A Pagan suckled in a creed outworn ... ...

Alas alack.. in technology resides nary a heart, no semblance of the Grand.. no pianissimo or Sforzando, no whiff - still on the cork! of a '61 Chateau d'Yqem, opened in '91 - of distilled attars beyond words. Merely: process, logic. No one could love it, just use it.. bear it. Disdainfully

Thou knowest. Now..
Get thee to a nunnery

A.
did I mention? ..that sound & fury, signifying -
New Damn, I saw that - and either forgot to fix it . .
. . or I decided to leave it and see who made cosine jokes (both tactics went through my mind, but I'm not sure which one won.
New I hear you.
There is... little I feel I could say. I can ... sympathise.

We are here, amongst other things, for posts just such as this. Be well.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Not to go off on a tangent...
Good luck on the meeting next week! Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You never know until you try. Etc.
Alex

Whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad. -- Euripides
New Jeez, Andrew. Tangent = sine/cosine.
All my efforts at humor, for naught! :)
Alex

Whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad. -- Euripides
New As the world gets a lttle blurred at the edges
as the years go by and the mighty arcs of flowing piss are reduced to a tiny weak intermittent trickle. The exhilaration that runners highs of yore achieved by going up a flight of stairs today. I look in the mirror and ask for just one more time to hear the roar and clamor of battle wether in the field a bar or brothel to take that last burst of adrenaline and feed the precocious beast that used to live here. I sigh , turn away and go yell at my kids.
thanx,
bill
got a whole lot of ustawuzzez
What is a user? You mean userid isnt the same as uid?, gid? whats that? I dont understand "ask the requestor to send a non formal email request for ftp access? whaddya mean dean?
Halp Iam drowning in Bovine Fecal Matter!!!!
Bill
New I "call" on that!
So forgive me for I'm drunk as a skunk (with assistance of a bar tendress who served my needs rather than what I intended to order) and this document has not been proof read nor spell checked (nor do I intend to do either (so roast in your own private hell, CRC)).
I'm sizzling away like a frigging Spanferkel, thankyouverymuch...

(4). For you who program, let me tell you the truth, for you will eventually discover it on your own. Every hour you spend programming is an hour taken away from real life. Eventually you will realize this and it you will resent every hour you ever spent programming (anyone good at Pascal? I have some code I need updated)).
Pascal?!? I'm all over that, "like flies on shit"! Back off, guys, this job is MINE!

In payment, Andrew... I want you to take me to a few of those places and introduce me to a few of those women!!! :-)

Deal?
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New hoo boy CRC on hollywood blvd
can we get Elmore Leonard to write the play by play? Could be a decent movie in here somewhere.
thanx,
bill
What is a user? You mean userid isnt the same as uid?, gid? whats that? I dont understand "ask the requestor to send a non formal email request for ftp access? whaddya mean dean?
Bill
New CRC on Hollywood Blvd?
Would CRC would out of place on Hollywood Blvd? Listen, there's nobody out of place on Hollywood Blvd. Not even an Eskimo in whale gut rain gear.

Sheesh, 20 years ago a friend of mine (Randolf Holst-Fisher) used to stroll Hollywood Blvd in the dress blacks of an SS Standartenfuhrer (Colonel) immaculate and correct in every detail. Did he look the part? A real SS Standartenfuhrer would be absolutely green with envy of his Arian perfection (he was also queer as a three dolar bill, but I understand that was not a violation of authenticity either).

He mingling easily with pot smoking hippies, transvestites, prostitutes, LA Fuzz strutting their macho to the queers, tourists from Omaha, Narcs, Sailors from [insert country here], screen writers, Hari Krishnas, the guy who tried to hand passers by dollar bills, and any aliens more savy than the dim bulbs who visit Roswell.

OK CRC, I'll talk to you about this Pascal stuff in a bit and tell you what you'd have to put up with.

New not out of place at all just the fun of watching him do a
tasmanian devil impression trying to do it all at once.
thanx,
bill
Bill
New Call me "Kiki", cheri!
No, I'm not going to get dressed up in SS duds (t'would be a bit tasteless, given my nationality) -- just saying, think of me as the bouncing weasel in [link|http://www.sluggy.com|Sluggy Online] ("Oooh! Lights!") and you'll be about right! :-)
   Christian R. Conrad
New Mail it to me, or something!
Wrap it up in a password-"protected" .Zip file (RIP, Phil!) and gimme the PW on another channel, something like that.

How many lines are we talking about, giveortake, say, 20%?

Not doing the whale gut rain gear thing either, tho.
   Christian R. Conrad
New CRC - Did you get the email I sent you?
Or did I send it to an obsolete address?
New Yeah, replied about an hour ago - sorry about...
...the delay, but I only noticed it yesterday (Thursday, or actually in the wee hours of Friday morning).

Hadn't gotten around to booting up my home box since Sunday; been working late, and not felt up to anything but staring at the dumb-box (at least the Eurosport channel had the Emperor's Cup Basho on... Musashimaru Roolz! :-) when I got home in the evenings.

The address is still current -- I *may* change it sometime in the future if I have to switch ISPs to get broadband (ADSL from my local telco seems to come only bundled with their ISP services), but if so, I'll let you (all) know.
   Christian R. Conrad
     Forgive me, for indeed I have sined . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (14)
         Ah yes.. and for those who have cosined - (Ashton) - (1)
             Damn, I saw that - and either forgot to fix it . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         I hear you. - (static)
         Not to go off on a tangent... - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Jeez, Andrew. Tangent = sine/cosine. - (a6l6e6x)
         As the world gets a lttle blurred at the edges - (boxley)
         I "call" on that! - (CRConrad) - (7)
             hoo boy CRC on hollywood blvd - (boxley) - (6)
                 CRC on Hollywood Blvd? - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                     not out of place at all just the fun of watching him do a - (boxley) - (1)
                         Call me "Kiki", cheri! - (CRConrad)
                     Mail it to me, or something! - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         CRC - Did you get the email I sent you? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             Yeah, replied about an hour ago - sorry about... - (CRConrad)

First documented case of homosexual necrophilia in the mallard duck species.
59 ms