IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Opting out of this gawd-awful CSS gobbige
So CSS (and the concomittant inability for me to have control of the presentation) has infected the otherwise pristine ZIWETHEY, too. So instead of a nice, readable forum like I had before my unexpected trip to Germany on the 3rd, Ive got this big, fat display w/ foot-and-a-half high letters that steadfastly refuse to respond to Decrease Font menu items, a posting box that insists upon being wider than my browser window no matter how many times I click on "Narrower", and a busy, noisy font instead of the one that I chose (becasue it was easier for me to read).

OK, fine...you guy seem to be really enamoured of this. My suggestion is, then, how about putting an option on the user preferences page to allow us to opt-out of CSS. (Even better, allowing us to opt-out of various CSS settings that don't agree with our browsers and/or environments. Even better still, allow us to override default settings with our own choices. Yes, it is understood that these last two options would require a lot of work. I would be perfectly happy with the all-or-nothing option.)

Having to switch on and off JavaScript on every site I visit (some internal sites I use daily require Javascript(!)) is a real pain-inna-arse, and shouldn't be required on a site runby experts like yourselves.

Just my \ufffd.013333.
jb4

(Resistance is not futile...)
New It's on the list already.
Actually, I haven't changed the CSS at all from the very beginning, so it's not like it just got "infected".

Oh, wait... that's not true. I wonder if this is a result of putting the CSS in a separate file. See, Wade, I told you so. :-)

I'll change that back; it's probably the root cause.

Various types of UI are on the TODO list. I dont' particularly care for CSS either.

What browser are you using? I shouldn't think that CSS would affect the wider/narrower functionality. That disturbs me.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New *grimace*
Okay, a separate file was an experiment that shouldn't have sent jb4's browser into conniptions.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New I guess I'm a dinosaur (of sorts)

What browser are you using? I shouldn't think that CSS would affect the wider/narrower functionality. That disturbs me.

I'm using Netscape 4.76, on NT 4 SP 6.

HTH...and thanx...
jb4

New I'm reading this in 4.76, so no dinosaur. :-)
I just didn't have the problem on Linux. Odd.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New But that helps.
I just installed NS 4.76 in WinME expressly for testing HTML. If I can get over my gag reflex to actually run the thing... :-)

Wade.

New Selbstverstandlich!
jb4

New Present for you.
Check off "Use CSS" in your User Preferences.

HTH. :-)
Regards,

-scott anderson
New HOO-RAY! (and thanx!!!)
Boy...service with a :-)! What a welcome change!

Thanks, Scott. I'll give it a try right now!
jb4

New Less Filling! And Works Great! -msg
jb4

New The current model is less than satisfactory.
We're working on it. I don't like the current half-way setup anymore than you, though for wildly different reasons, I'll be the first to say. Scott and I will be working on wholly CSS-free option shortly.

Wade.

Opting out of this gawd-awful CSS gobbige - (jb4) - (10)
         It's on the list already. - (admin) - (5)
             *grimace* - (static)
             I guess I'm a dinosaur (of sorts) - (jb4) - (3)
                 I'm reading this in 4.76, so no dinosaur. :-) - (admin)
                 But that helps. - (static) - (1)
                     Selbstverstandlich! -NT - (jb4)
         Present for you. - (admin) - (2)
             HOO-RAY! (and thanx!!!) - (jb4)
             Less Filling! And Works Great! -msg -NT - (jb4)
         The current model is less than satisfactory. - (static)

We've got a whole bag of *tsht* with your name on it!
98 ms