He's a Canadian philosopher, who's written about a lot of the same things over the course of the last ten years or so. A large part of his thesis goes back to the thesis of Socrates: "I at least know that I know nothing, which means I know more than you who does not realise that you know nothing."

In short, the truest state to be in is a state of doubt: doubt what you're taught, doubt what you're told, and doubt what you believe. Only by always questioning is it possible to advance the mind. Once a certainty is entertained, then the mind stops thinking and only calculates. This is much the same point the Soros makes in the first article you linked.

If you (or anyone else) wants to check out some of his works, I'd suggest The Dictionary of Aggressive Common Sense, Voltaire's Bastards, and The Unconcsious Civilization to start with. The first is especially amusing; one entry starts like this:

Taylor, Charles:
Founder of the Harvard School of Business. Lenin's favourite economist after Marx.
Overall, I'd have to say that the book is a howler...

If any of you are interested in his take on Canadian political history, his book Reflections of a Siamese Twin is also well worth reading. In it, he takes some serious exceptions to the idea of American exceptionalism... which might make some parts of it interesting reading even for you Yanks who know absolutely nothing about Canadian history.