IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And he's right.
Microsoft is just thrashing out in every direction they can think of in hope of hitting at least a few targets. That's pretty powerful thrashing though, so watch yourself!
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Re: It means something to me when ...

a man of his stature and insights (Sony Chief) heading up an industry giant like Sony, says what he does about a man like Bill Gates.

He could have said nothing, but Gates has offended him so much and to such a degree, that he feels the need to speak up.

I interpret his anti MS comments as insights & not competitive slights.

Makes interesting reading

Cheers

Doug M
New So VAIO's with Linux pre-installed start shipping when...?
Or, now Sony has released a shiny white VAIO lapdog, maybe it should be running MacOS :)

On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Re: How does that fit in this thread ???

Sorry but the comment is lost on me :-)

Where did Linux come into it ???

Doug
New Meerkatland - where 'tenuous' is a way of life...
If the Sony guy dislikes the Microsoft guy, the Sony guy might not want to be buying products from the Microsoft guy. ie: Windows. And Linux is a pretty good substitute for Windows.

If I can work in a Beowulf reference there somewhere then I'll have fully qualified it as an 'ObSlashdot' post :)
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New It'd be nice, but it hasn't happened.
I did investigate getting my VAIO shipped with Linux, but the only one on offer was RH6.2 and the Sony dealer was very reluctant. In the end, my own research showed that RH6.2 would not be up to snuff on the VAIO I eventually bought. 7.1, OTOH, would be a much better choice.

Wade, who hasn't actually installed Linux on his laptop yet, but has booted the RH7.1 CD on it...

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

Sony thinks Microsoft has "lost it". :-) - (static) - (12)
         And he's right. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
             Re: It means something to me when ... - (dmarker2) - (4)
                 So VAIO's with Linux pre-installed start shipping when...? - (Meerkat) - (3)
                     Re: How does that fit in this thread ??? - (dmarker2) - (1)
                         Meerkatland - where 'tenuous' is a way of life... - (Meerkat)
                     It'd be nice, but it hasn't happened. - (static)
         Lost it, maybe - (wharris2)
         Um...why now? - (kmself) - (3)
             Righteous Register resurrecting replay reaps richer rewards - (dmarker2)
             Did he? I don't recall that... - (static) - (1)
                 I checked - (kmself)
         Talking to Ken Auletta - isn't that dangerous...? -NT - (CRConrad)

Ain't science wunnaful?
77 ms