IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Of course, Saudi Arabia would be the easiest . .
. . country to occupy. There's hardly anyone there, and most of those that are are foreign workers being abused.

It would also give us the leverage of holding Mecca hostage.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New It would be *GOOD* for us next to do something
totally unexpected.

Not lethal - in fact, at risk to ourselves - taking great pains not to create even One new martyr:

Like, occupying Saudiland as you suggest. Our shield? A few rather large mortars aimed at that little tent in Mecca. (Suitably publicized). Thus: aim-at the same sort of Icon as ... our destroyed Icon of Unrestrained Capitalism. Tit for er tat. This last - to disabuse any of the locals, fresh from training class, of seeking Murican-style Fame.

Can damn well bet the Sheikhs aren't about to do a Saddam and torch the oil fields, just to Show Us. Lose all those AC-equipped Mercedes?

Then we talk turkey, 'negotiate' a binding stable 5 year oil price schedule - time enough for us to get off asses, discover hydrogen... and a few other items no one wanted to pay attention to last quarter, when money was free.

Yup: Surprise! *there's* the play wherein we'll catch the conscience of the Sheikhs. (Part II is classified)

OK now that it's secret - let's get busy.

Ashton Clausewitz Bonaparte
New Re: Of course, Saudi Arabia would be the easiest . .

Hmmmm US holding mecca hostage Hmmmmmmm

Anyone want a clear definition of 'screaming hordes' or perhaps 'fanatical screaming hordes' - (better still, anyone willing to see either (really dying to see them perhaps)

(VB grin)

Doug

New I agree
any attack or threat of attack on Mecca would only ensure the support of ALL Islamic countries in the Jihad against America. This would be a Very Bad Thing.
~~~)-Steven----
New Not such a bad idea
at least it would clarify exactly who the enemy is.
Ray
New It might also extend who the enemy is.
To destroy Muslim holy places would foreclose the option of installing a reformed Islam. If there actually are a significant number of moderate Muslims out there, this would turn them against us for sure. And besides, it makes us look petty.

Also, just because some people make a religion out of commerce doens't mean it should be regarded as such. Think of the impact on tax revenues!

[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
     Coalition blues - (marlowe) - (25)
         I completely agree -NT - (drewk)
         Attacks called off to appease locals. - (marlowe) - (15)
             There are some good CR words to apply - (wharris2) - (12)
                 <grin> and they say... - (Simon_Jester) - (11)
                     Re: <grin> and they say... - (wharris2) - (2)
                         I hear ya. - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                             Why wishywashy? - (wharris2)
                     Of course, Saudi Arabia would be the easiest . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                         It would be *GOOD* for us next to do something - (Ashton)
                         Re: Of course, Saudi Arabia would be the easiest . . - (dmarker2) - (3)
                             I agree - (Steven A S) - (2)
                                 Not such a bad idea - (rsf) - (1)
                                     It might also extend who the enemy is. - (marlowe)
                     They need the oil money as much as the West needs the oil - (bluke) - (1)
                         And vice versa. - (marlowe)
             Disappointing to say the least - (rsf)
             Re: Attacks called off to appease locals. - (gtall)
         The price of Russia's cooperation - (marlowe)
         Egypt and Saudi Arabia finally come around again - (marlowe) - (1)
             I think this latest speech from bin Ladin's group . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Saudi Arabia: a friend in need - (marlowe)
         How to run a coalition - (marlowe)
         Qatar is not on board - (marlowe) - (2)
             IIRC, Qatar was financial backer for al Jazeera, - (Ashton)
             Don't listen to what anyone over there says. - (Andrew Grygus)

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
69 ms