IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New We must not sink to their level.
We do not target noncombatants. That's an important part of what makes us better than them. And the fact that we are better than them is the reason we deserve to win.

It may well be that there are precious few real noncombatants. Evidence suggests that the people are fanatical, like the Japanese were. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. At the very least we should repeatedly solicit, and be prepared to accept, the unconditional surrender of the general populace. Only the actual killers and their superiors need be exterminated. And this surrender must be unconditional, because of what must be done to their culture immediately afterward. When there was something to discuss, they chose mass murder. Now there is nothing to discuss.

Oh, and, destroy those poppy fields. Plow them under and plant food crops. These asshole peasants can't feed themselves but they can grow this crap?

We should emulate the enemy in their strengths: their determination, their willingness to sacrifice, their unity, their organization and their sense of purpose. But do not emulate that which makes them evil.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
New How do you reconcile that with...
...your buddy who thinks that the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim?
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New In practise it may amount to the same thing. Or not.
I am prepared for both eventualities. Are you?

And are you even trying to be fair to either position?

[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
New If it does come to that...
I would take that step.

I would feel like shit, and probably totally lose my faith in the ability of the human race to fix its problems (hell, I'm halfway there already...) but you don't see me calling for Theocide from the starting line.

Your "friend" has forgotten something. This is not a religious war - this is a power struggle, that has taken on religious trappings. If we go after the whole religion, turn against all Muslims, then Bin Laden achieves his goals, in uniting the entire Muslim world against the "West," such as it is.

Translation: We just made a shitload more enemies.

And if you've been reading what I wrote, it's not about taking out all the Muslims, it's about taking out WHATEVER group happens to take actions against civilians, and not choosing the lesser of two evils, even if it costs us in the short run. This "He's more of a monster than you are, so I'll back you" bullshit is what gets us into this - and unless we do some MAJOR fucking housecleaning, our own house is going to fall in on our heads. Maybe not this time, but the next Bin Laden wannabe, whether he be Moonie, Sikh, or Christian, he'll figure out some way to make 9/11/2001 look like a firecracker.

All you're doing is making it so that monsters like him can rise up again. The lenerean hydra kept coming back because every time you cut off a head, two grew back. But if you burn that thing, EVEN IF IT BURNS YOU, it won't be coming back. Considering that this hydra has roots in us, we need to burn ourselves as well as Bin Laden.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
     Why America Has Already Lost the War - (Fearless Freep) - (40)
         Typical racist claptrap. - (inthane-chan) - (25)
             Oh, knock it off. - (marlowe) - (17)
                 You misunderstand my position. - (inthane-chan)
                 How do you define success? - (ChrisR) - (14)
                     It's not a war on terrorists. - (marlowe) - (13)
                         Fine. - (inthane-chan) - (7)
                             Did that happen recently? - (rsf) - (1)
                                 Thought that was pretty much everybody against everybody... - (inthane-chan)
                             Gawd, you're so blind. - (marlowe) - (2)
                                 Yes. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                     Small group of people? - (marlowe)
                             Too far - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                 Go back and read what I said again... - (inthane-chan)
                         They want it to be a holy war - (Steven A S) - (4)
                             Those other Islamic nations? - (marlowe) - (3)
                                 whether or not we can count them as allies - (Steven A S) - (2)
                                     Fine. But let's watch our backs. (nomsg) -NT - (marlowe) - (1)
                                         That goes without saying -NT - (Steven A S)
                 A swing and a miss... - (jb4)
             as I see it... - (cforde) - (6)
                 Re: as I see it... - (rsf) - (2)
                     I don't see that - (cforde) - (1)
                         Re: I don't see that - (rsf)
                 Nope, all worship the same God - (kmself) - (1)
                     Doesn't help, then... - (pwhysall)
                 It's so you don't know whether to laugh or to cry... -NT - (CRConrad)
         Follow up - (link is timing out...growlf) - (Simon_Jester)
         Okay, I've read it.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
             Me, Occured Same Suspicion About Day 2... -NT - (CRConrad)
         I have not personally lost a family member yet - (boxley) - (9)
             Worst possible course of action - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
                 that was my point, MAD2 they need to understand that their - (boxley) - (2)
                     Won't work - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                         whats yer point? - (boxley)
             We must not sink to their level. - (marlowe) - (3)
                 How do you reconcile that with... - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                     In practise it may amount to the same thing. Or not. - (marlowe) - (1)
                         If it does come to that... - (inthane-chan)
             "Wrongly"? I think they got that "link" all right, at least. -NT - (CRConrad)
         Typical - (JayMehaffey)

Build a 10-mile high titanium wall around the whole shebang.
109 ms