IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What bargains?
Greg, a topic of the week....great idea. I suggested something similar in a post not long ago. And, bargains is a good choice of topic.

People think they are getting a bargain when they see 50-70% off or some such. In reality, there is usually a 200% mark up so there is not much of a bargain regardless. The real question people always need to ask is whether they truly need the item or not. At my house, we live fairly simply and only buy that which we really need (except for the occasional piece of new hardware <smirk>). Otherwise, we conserve and recycle as much as possible.

In the recycling vein, we always had fun when my daughter was going through school. Every time she had a project that required supplies, we ventured off to a recycling center that was located next door to the local dump. We found tons of supplies (e.g. colored glass, wood) that could be used in most any project. The outcome was usually very positive (free stuff, good grade) with only a minimal investment (time).

-Slugbug
New Mark up-mark down
I am put in mind of a job I once had when in highschool. A Venture store was soon to be closed (Target type store). They hired ~100 people, one of them was me, to go through the store in one weekend and mark everything up by 40 percent. The ads then touted the "fantastic savings of at least 25 percent". Somehow, I failed to take advantage of these savings.

Being a cynic is a survival trait.
-----------------------------------------
[link|http://www.talion.com/questionw.html|?W]
Where were you in 72?
[link|http://www.blah3.com/graymatter/archives/00000420.html|Fair and Balanced] sig
     Topic of the Week: Bargains - (folkert) - (15)
         Bargain stores - (orion)
         Bargain Hunting, My Favorite Hobby! - (gdaustin)
         /me busts a gut laughing. - (inthane-chan)
         Hiding deflation... - (gdaustin) - (6)
             This is the meat... Not the Bargains, but what they mean... - (folkert) - (5)
                 In-Fighting (was Re: This is the meat... Not the ...) - (Nightowl) - (1)
                     Clash of the Egos, etc. - (orion)
                 SOMETHING, then: the possible return of - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Finance 101 - (gdaustin)
                 But, do you think... - (gdaustin)
         It's the same old same old with a new twist, I think. - (Another Scott)
         What bargains? - (slugbug) - (1)
             Mark up-mark down - (Silverlock)
         Don't know what a "bargain" is... - (gdaustin) - (1)
             I'm trying to teach my wife the "no" theory of pricing - (mhuber)

Pilkunnussija.
68 ms