IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What's going on with Mozilla?
I'm reading my August 4th paper, and there's an article saying that AOL cut ties with Mozilla. The article says that "AOL said it was ending its ties entirely with the Mozilla project."

However, it says that "AOL will put $2 million into a new entity called The Mozilla Foundation, which is taking over leadership of Mozilla development."

Is that kinda the equivalent of it being sold? Did AOL "sell" Mozilla? I don't completely get this article. Any help in explaining this would be welcome. :)

Thanks.

Nightowl >8#
"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum"

Comment by Nightowl
New Read the front page of Mozilla.org
[link|http://www.mozilla.org/|http://www.mozilla.org/]

Mozilla Foundation

The Mozilla Foundation is a new non-profit organization that will serve as the home for mozilla.org. As before, mozilla.org will coordinate and encourage the development and testing of Mozilla code. The Mozilla Foundation will also promote the distribution and adoption of our flagship applications based on that code. AOL, Sun Microsystems, Red Hat, and other companies will continue to support Mozilla through the Foundation.

What this means for the Mozilla browser and our other products and technologies: more innovation from the open source developers, and a greater focus on end users.

Read the press release and our newsgroup announcement.

Now you can support the Mozilla Foundation by donating!

More like it was spun off into a Non-Profit Org that has funding from other companies and accepts donations. At least that is what my reading comprehension skills tell me, your milage may vary. :)
New Re: Read the front page of Mozilla.org
Thanks Orion, that helps clear it up!

Nightowl >8#
"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum"

Comment by Nightowl
     What's going on with Mozilla? - (Nightowl) - (2)
         Read the front page of Mozilla.org - (orion) - (1)
             Re: Read the front page of Mozilla.org - (Nightowl)

Sex.
94 ms