IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oh yes - sorta-better can be found.
But that pale pinkish rock which passes for such in supermarkets (now for decades) is what I mainly meant. Corp-grocers are permitted to call millions of these cardboard things tomatoes and many folks cannot afford better. Bet many city kids have no idea what a tomato can be like.

I note that the 'premium' grades, including "organics" thus far - with vine shoots attached, for one popular option - are only slightly better: texture a bit better but flavor is at least 40 dB down.

I'm wondering if the US seed stock has all been replaced with variants these transistorized, armor-plated placebos? Soon my neighbor will have a new crop. These will be better than LuckSafeMart but last year's was still a mere shadow of the deep-red luscious fruit I recall getting from a friend's Marysville farm regularly, 10+ years ago. That's why I question the seed stock.. Google time.

Ashton
New Well here in Florida tomato capital of the east coast
the local feild maters that show up vine ripened are not the pastel carboard they ship elsewhere. I think what you are refering to is a "Salad" Tomato that can travel 3 weeks and still be cut into recognisable shapes. Those are nasty. In florida we also get Local Beefstake, best of the breed and in the fall get Canadian Beefstakes, even better. Since the seeds in a beefstake are rather non existant I would wonder about that seed stock as well. When I used to grow them Stokes was my favorite but that was early 70's
thanx,
bill
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     Fire at the Gateway Arch - (Nightowl) - (21)
         Re: Fire at the Gateway Arch - (deSitter) - (1)
             Re: Fire at the Gateway Arch - (Nightowl)
         Re: Fire at the Gateway Arch--update - (Nightowl) - (1)
             Whew!___One more new infirmity we don't need: fallen arches. -NT - (Ashton)
         Re: Fire at the Gateway Arch - (pwhysall) - (14)
             Re: Fire at the Gateway Arch - (deSitter) - (5)
                 Most kind, thx. -NT - (pwhysall)
                 OT:Designed by [a|two] Finn[s], Eliel [or|and] Eero Saarinen - (CRConrad)
                 Re: Fire at the Gateway Arch - (rcareaga) - (2)
                     Now now.. that was yesterday - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Re: Now now.. that was yesterday - (deSitter)
             It has funky elevators - (SpiceWare) - (5)
                 ..yet we still can't produce, distribute an edible Tomato -NT - (Ashton) - (4)
                     Dunno about you, but... - (admin)
                     when you are tooling about the countryside - (boxley) - (2)
                         Oh yes - sorta-better can be found. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Well here in Florida tomato capital of the east coast - (boxley)
             Another picture. - (a6l6e6x)
             Re: Fire at the Gateway Arch - (Nightowl)
         Re: Fire at the Gateway Arch - (Ric Locke) - (1)
             Hola Warlocke! -NT - (deSitter)

Ahead two thirds!
40 ms