IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wait for the small screen...I sort of liked (spoilers)
but...mostly because I went and saw it myself, so my wife and I didn't have to pay a sitter, and I brought my own refreshments. IOW this wasn't the $40 experience that TT was. Additionally, I'd read enough bad reviews to not have any expectations.

From a computer security point of view it was kind of fun to watch.

[SPOILER]
They explained how SkyNet managed to take over the computers of the world. It became self-aware enough to SE the military into letting it take over. It then distributed itself throughout the world so there was no central "core." Those were good ideas.
[/SPOILER]

There's a big bit at the end where John Connor and his new sidekick manage to fly a Cessna onto one of the most protected military installations in the US, or what _should_ be anyway. Its only security is that it's obscure, and the door in to the central bit is in the back of what appears to be an abandoned warehouse with abandoned military trucks. That made me cringe.

There is, of course, the Obligatory Hollywood Twist that might take in someone who's never seen a movie before.

As an action flick, it's so-so. There is a lot of driving big things into other big things, and a lot of zooming and booming and crashing and breaking. There's nothing here that T2 didn't cover, and it doesn't play as well in 2003 as it did in 1993 (or whenever).

My suggestion, if you're a Tx fan, is to wait until it's on the home theater delivery mechanism of your choice. It's really not worth the big screen unless you really feel like going out to a movie.

Oh, and of course, there's a sequel coming.
WWJD?
JWRTFM.
New I sort of liked (spoilers) - me too
But there were some major stupid moments like them showing up undetected in the top secret computer room.
     T3 (no spoilers) - (JayMehaffey) - (5)
         I thought T2 was a waste of money. - (static)
         I liked it... - (andread)
         Wait for the small screen...I sort of liked (spoilers) - (rickw) - (1)
             I sort of liked (spoilers) - me too - (broomberg)
         Biggest beef I had (spoiler) - (FuManChu)

Shocking, but not surprising.
67 ms