IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New BeeP - yer &^#$@# SPoiled..
NSX for part-time toy, eh? (Which would be my preference too.. to Owning the Car, its Insurance and The Tickets ;-)

But I note that *my* Acura Plutocrat was made by the same personnel / same assy line as the NSX (from ~'90-'96 for JDM/world versions; '91-'94 for US).

Those who worry about such things (well, some of them) have deemed that the Made-in-Japan cars of this $-niche in the early to mid-90s: just may be the most carefully assembled mass-production cars ever, from any country. Comforting thought for my '94 - and borne out by the regularly 200-250k miles sans repairs beyond maintenance consumables. There are several of my model running around with >300K miles (but it turns out ya gotta use Genuine Honda transmission fluid to do that - a petro chemist has determined that it Is a different formulation from the usual ATF, different VI and er lubricity - something I'd naturally be skeptical about til the lab tests.)

The more I inspect the engine compartment and interior.. I see motorcycle grade attention to minute detail, premium quality materials from the real-wood veneers down to the intricately customized "holders" for practically every wire and hose; the excellent weather-proofed wire-harness connectors and carefully wrapped bundles, etc. And.. I'm Picky. (The NSX has gotta be even more jewelery! At Those Prices)

I just haven't found a single item which looks like an afterthought.. from the aluminum honeycomb sheets which form the floorpan - to the ergonomics of the instrument layout -- and a first-rate stereo system (which just happens to produce a realistic 'staging' for full orchestra - same difficulties as for home systems, and they did it Right).

Anyway.. if that er Western-garaged NSX is in danger of the hydraulic seals dryin out from disuse, I'd be glad to donate a couple hours to exercising things, periodically. Just my contribution to good housekeeping.

Ashton
Yer Jaded, BeeP!
New It gets frequent use...
...just not by me, unfortunately.

It is well crafted, though. The odd thing about sound system...no CD from the factory. It is a dealer installed option only.

No biggie...I'd rather listen to the engine anyway.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Honda Rules - (SpiceWare) - (30)
         Donchya have one of those? - (folkert) - (28)
             Yep (52KB photo) - (SpiceWare) - (27)
                 So... - (folkert) - (26)
                     haven't driven the others - (SpiceWare) - (25)
                         My only experience with that feeling.. - (bepatient) - (3)
                             Wanted one of those - (SpiceWare)
                             BeeP - yer &^#$@# SPoiled.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 It gets frequent use... - (bepatient)
                         Re: haven't driven the others - (deSitter) - (9)
                             wow - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                 How bout this - (deSitter)
                             Er.. - (Ashton) - (6)
                                 Yeah, it is :) -NT - (deSitter)
                                 I'd have thought you of all people would know - (drewk) - (4)
                                     Re: I'd have thought you of all people would know - (deSitter)
                                     Tilt. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         Not really - (drewk) - (1)
                                             Er - static vs. rolling/sliding 'friction'. Etc. -NT - (Ashton)
                         That's so true! (lol) - (Mike) - (1)
                             thanx! - (SpiceWare)
                         Muah. - (admin) - (8)
                             true - (SpiceWare) - (7)
                                 Mustang GTs are sloooow. - (admin) - (6)
                                     you'd never get away with that down here - (SpiceWare) - (5)
                                         Surprisingly, I drove a car with no AC in VA for a while. - (admin) - (4)
                                             those temps look nice - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                                                 Atypical. - (admin) - (2)
                                                     I thought the temps looked low too - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                                         Now that site is a time sink... -NT - (admin)
         Must be Honda's month - (SpiceWare)

Wow. I am just. Wow. Un-. Wow. You'd think...Nah. Wow.
46 ms