at nearly the same time. I've only had that happen two other times in my life, both in hot labor markets.

You're a blessed man to have two job offers in an economy like this.

Do the evaluation sheets, find out as much as you can. Get your wife to visit GA. Heed her advice, you two are together for a reason. Don't look at "new" homes, maybe a good used home until you're settled into the new job for a year or two, then upgrade. There should be decent rental homes available, too.

Don't forget the prayer part, and be satisfied with your decision. Once you decide, don't go back on it.

That's my "bad" side, sometimes I still wish I could go back to the "old" employer, then my wife reminds of how truly unhappy I was there. God is blessing me and I've got more time and can meet with friends at lunch now. Another hour every day should be "Gold"!

Commute down from 1 hour to 30 min each way.

Some employees at the "old" company wanted to work a deal with the owner to get me to come back, but the owner has made it clear that he wants be back at 20K a year less than I was making, previously. So he doesn't really want me back.

I still have their laptop, still have access to my email account, and occasionally answer questions and solve problems for them. I get to bill a few hours a month for them.

So, I guess I'll keep that channel open, for now. There's an anger there, that would turn me into his competitor, if I weren't a Bible believ'in man.

If you have a job right now, at all, at anything close to "market wages", then you're really blessed in the lousy economy right now.

We really have to reconsider our arrogance, both individually and as a country. If we'll repent, the maybe God will bless us again.

"The sleep of a laborer is sweet,
whether he eats little or much,
but the abundance of a rich man
permits him no sleep." Ecclesiates 5:12

Lord, let me learn to work hard, sleep well, and leave the rest up to you.

Glen Austin