IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 3 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Judge: "Go to your room and don't come out..."
"...until you're ready to play nice!"

[link|http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/21940.html|This from the Reg] and [link|http://cnnfn.cnn.com/2001/09/28/technology/microsoft/index.htm|this from CNN.com]

The cool thing is from the CNN article:
Kollar-Kotelly made it clear that she disagrees with Microsoft's contention that she has limited power to impose remedies on Microsoft's conduct, saying Supreme Court rulings clear the way for her to do whatever is necessary to prevent not just past violations but also future violations of the law.

After the order, the Microsoft legal team left the court house quickly without comment.
(no doubt with their collective tails between their legs)

So it's official: Chi-rho is on the table, and stalling tactics are not going to work here.

A message has been sent.

jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New Rude awakening in store
Judge KK must not have absorbed the previous case files too well.

from the CNN story
During the first appearance before U.S. District Court Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly, she told attorneys for Microsoft and the Justice Department that now is an "optimal time" to settle the case out of court and that they could strike a deal "if everybody is reasonable and acting in good faith."
-endquote

Good faith? Reasonable? Microsoft?

It is to laugh.
For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong
H. L. Mencken, Mencken's Metalaw
New I suspect this is "for the record"
I'm sure she has reviewed past procedings and is building a groundwork to which she can point without reservations that she did "the right thing".

She doesn't want Microsoft coming back sobing about her the way they did about Jackson.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New It's nice that she realizes she has the power past & present
My hope is that while the 24/7 pointless jockeying grinds on - she actually READS some of those e-mails, listens (sees video?) Billy being the Brat in a Fed courtroom, UNDERSTANDS what the lie about W98-IE separation.. was about, and just a few more of the Ed Curry bankruptcy ilk.

Maybe it's just as well that she hasn't tipped her hand, about her intentions (too much?) - had she let drop a whiff of the Draconian, M$ might surrender a few token items and a settlement be approached.

Let us hope that B n'B remain their arrogant selves til Nov. Let's encourage them to hang in there! de-Asstroturf: letters! Don't let this pipsqueak broad tell You What To Do! - Explain one More time about Innovation...

{sigh}

..that it should remain -this close- that they might.. still escape with a few millions-$ token fine of some sort and another 'play nice'..

:[

A.
     Judge: "Go to your room and don't come out..." - (jb4) - (3)
         Rude awakening in store - (Silverlock) - (1)
             I suspect this is "for the record" - (Andrew Grygus)
         It's nice that she realizes she has the power past & present - (Ashton)

Here he comes, here comes Speed Racer.
33 ms