IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not to mention
Companies that cannot afford to upgrade to Windows 2000/2003 or that have servers that won't run Windows 2000 and above. Sort of like those who still run machines that are 5 to 10 years old and cannot afford to buy new ones.

When I worked at the small business that delt with hospitals, the server used for storing the main database was NT 4.0 Server, they couldn't afford to upgrade all the hospitals to Windows 2000 Server because they are a small business with a limited budget. So limited in fact that they told me if they didn't get enough new hospitals that they may not afford to keep me or others that worked for the company. The software we wrote was like a POS system but kept track of surgical trays and the surgical instruments and how they got washed. Many other companies were doing this and it was very competitive.

"I wonder how much of this BS Corporations will continue to shallow before they start looking into alternatives to Microsoft software?" -[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=106839|Orion]
New One of the biggest reasons for staying with NT . .
. . is the forced migration from Domains to Active Directory, which can be very costly and disruptive. A couple of NT servers need to be kept around to be primary and secondary domain controllers.

Yes, I know Linux can be used as a domain controller, but that's another transition to deal with.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     NT 4.0 support to be pulled by June - (orion) - (4)
         Already Gone - (deSitter) - (3)
             Not really.... - (hnick) - (2)
                 Not to mention - (orion) - (1)
                     One of the biggest reasons for staying with NT . . - (Andrew Grygus)

Clearly designed to be used by faery maidens with a feather touch, rather than a six foot three engineer in a pair of size 13 steelies.
29 ms