IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Stupidity
specifically - failure to land perfectly functioning parachutes correctly. The transition time from intermediate to advanced seems to take out a lot of jumpers.

There are high performance canopies on the market that are under 100 square feet in size, that are jumped by 180 lb jumpers, and fly with max forward speeds of something like 30-40 mph. It takes some skill to flare these things on landing and convert speed to lift at the end. Misjudge the performance curve and you're toast.

I don't fly stuff like that but its considered "cool" to "swoop" your landings (dive to gain speed, pull out and convert speed to lift for a long "turf surf" a foot or two above the ground). Problem is, some people don't initiate the recovery from dive soon enough and pound in.

You don't have to fly stuff this zoomy - only if you wanna be "cool". I'm not cool.

"One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination
of their C programs."
-- Robert Firth
New Huh. Interesting.
The transition time from intermediate to advanced seems to take out a lot of jumpers.

And pilots. Most accidents occur when the PIC has 150-200 hours.

bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
     Happiness is.. - (deSitter) - (24)
         Hey, you be careful with that thing - (tuberculosis) - (23)
             Two things - (drewk) - (7)
                 There are times... - (folkert) - (6)
                     Re: There are times... - (deSitter) - (5)
                         Yes... - (folkert) - (4)
                             They must have been *really* moving - (drewk) - (3)
                                 Oohhh___ bench racing - (Ashton)
                                 Yep... - (folkert) - (1)
                                     Too bad - (drewk)
             Re: Hey, you be careful with that thing - (deSitter)
             Re: Motorcycles is dangerous I think - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                 Well, there are folks on waiting lists for liver transplants - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     As I tell my client . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         Guzzis are nice - (deSitter)
                 flying presents zero risk - (boxley) - (5)
                     "Failure to maintain altitude" will get you every time. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                         Re: "Failure to maintain altitude" will get you every time. - (deSitter) - (1)
                             The biggest one is... - (mmoffitt)
                         That, and excessive air in the fuel tanks ;-) -NT - (bbronson)
                     A) Speed B) Altitude Pick one. - (mmoffitt)
                 Jumper scientist friend - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                     Re: Jumper scientist friend - (deSitter) - (2)
                         Stupidity - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                             Huh. Interesting. - (mmoffitt)

None shall pass!
50 ms