I remember someone making the news by saying that they were going to take a 727 fuselage from the airplane graveyard near Tucson, and move it to extend out over a canyon. I thought the destination was somewhere in Arizona or California.

The idea was similar, to remodel the 727 fuselage to a home, then to locate it where the cockpit would extend out over a canyon with an awesome view. The rear would be secured, and people would enter through the rear galley.

To be fair, a complete airplane fuselage is actually a lot of space, and if the space is planned carefully, you might even be able use some of the space normally used for cargo.

It seems to me, though, that a larger plane like a DC-10 or 747 would make the best home, because they're big enough to have 2 levels (or 3).

The parts I'm interested in are how you "space" plan such a linear space (does it look like a train with a long hallway down one side and the rooms on the other), and I'm interested in how you build a real kitchen vs. the galley and real bathrooms and showers.

Without a real kitchen, bathrooms, and showers, I wouldn't want to live there!

Glen Austin