IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Amazing what 1K will buy
Dunno that model; the water-cooling should make it smooth And quiet (less'n the exhaust is intended to sound ratty).

I guess that around town the handlebars are no problem, but my prejudice would be for less 'long' on the longhorn rise - for any twisties navigation. Difficult to feel the front-end with precision on that er elevated axis. Academic of course, re puttering.

Trust you'll replace that rubber Toot Suite (a neat trumpet extravaganza, played by Maurice Andr\ufffd ;-) Tire formulations have become astoundingly sticky, and you'll prolly get 20 fershure recommendations from fanatics.

Nice going! A few fluid flushes (O-ring chain I presume) and miscl TLC and you've got something as good as any shiny new thang. Only one {What!?!}
WTF is the TACH ??
I mean.. WTF was Kawa thinking this was - a Buick?

I don't want a pickle
Just want to ride on my motorsickle
New My biggest concern
was getting a machine that was both reliable and easy to learn on. My buddy says this model is ideal - and supposedly has enough pep to it that I won't tire of it soon.

I'm looking forward to it.

My buddy has many parts for this bike - including the entire engine.

*grin*

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New A suggestion
or three - from events since my first Whizzer motorbike and on through some hairy machines.. and based on my jaundiced eval of the competence (and obliviousness) of the average cluless auto motorist du jour:

You aren't 14 any more. Strongly suggest you *pay* the best local pros who do this - for a basic intro / lectures, slide show + ride + more talk, etc. Knowing someone who rides (even well) is a lot better than 0, but as we all know: Doing something is not the same as being good at Teaching.

On a sl. more esoteric level: there comes a time when you think you've got-it; 'it' seems to go where you planned it to go and - what more do you need? Watch Out just then (satisfying as that feels - maybe especially because it is so satisfying ;-). Statistically this is where most 'accidents' happen, and it's easy to see why in hindsight.

This is the stage at which I'd recommend the borrowing of a lightweight (250 cc or less) dirt machine and your learning how to slide in a controlled manner; if you drop it there, you are unlikely even to skin anything or scratch the hardware.

You Will get the hang of it and - this piece of lore for the inner ear + seat of the pants + instinct is IMhO the most valuable piece of SYA insurance I can imagine re two-wheel equilibrium. Without this Sense, your first accidental wet-leaves patch will pitch you into full-panic / over-correct mode. Really: It Will.

I mention this process at length because I've experienced its minor form and seen the results of the major form, too often. This danger can be entirely evaded for life, with just an afternoon or two of experience in the dirt. A 4-500# machine is simply much less manageable for 'mastering' by all except maybe, the kid who began at age 5. So you learn it with a much more maneuverable size, which you will soon be able to throw around gleefully :-) And yes - you will notice the effects of all that weight, when you give back the dirt machine :(

The instinctive center learns this process well; you won't ever forget that you need not freeze, but gently turn into the direction of a slide (and it feels both natural and satisfying as an accomplishment, too). Why there was the time with the Norton that . . .

HTH,

Ashton
New Yep, *these* professionals
Take a [link|http://www.msf-usa.org/|Motorcycle Safety Foundation] class. You may even get a break on you insurance for having taken it. They have beginner classes and ones geared to the experienced rider who wants to un-learn his bad habits. Most of the classes, they even provide the bikes to take it on so you don't risk your own in the panic braking test.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
     I was tired - (imric) - (8)
         schweet! -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Yah. My first - (imric)
         Enjoy! - (a6l6e6x)
         Amazing what 1K will buy - (Ashton) - (3)
             My biggest concern - (imric) - (2)
                 A suggestion - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Yep, *these* professionals - (drewk)
         Nice steed, but.. - (tseliot)

Damn, man, you swing a mean left field passive aggressive non sequitur.
36 ms