IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Yes I have.
Criminalize their actions, lock them up, screw them and their families over, and make certain that others will suffer for their deeds?

one of the suggestions I have for people who show up at drug clinics is mandatory sterilization. ...The whole point is...to get those who don't want to be salvaged away from the public, away from their families, away from threatening the rest of us until they do themselves in.

Ooooooookaaayyyyyyy
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Do you like crack babies?
Permanantly retarded children with serious emotional and learning difficulties that are born addicted to crack. They cost society, for the most part, a fairly large amount of money in social security payments, in prison costs, and in helping them (and often their victims) to put their lives back together.

All because their parents were addicts.

I'm not saying you HAVE to get sterilized - just like you don't HAVE to take drugs. Just if you want cheap, easily availible drugs, you don't get children. If you want to take drugs, you don't have to hide it from the rest of the world - we'll just help you find somewhere you can do it without hurting anybody else.

THAT'S the idea.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Problem is...
...your 'solution' is exactly the same as what we have now. Seperation and isolation and physical punishment of the guilty

Only thing is you've tossed in the ambiguity of now having to have the state decide who is guilty based on not what they've done, but what their intent is believed to be
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New I'm all for sterilizing hard drug addicts.
Including alcoholics. Make it mandatory if they commit a crime while under the influence, or to pay for their next fix. We don't want these people breeding. They haven't got what it takes to be adequate parents, never mind a prenatal environment that is quite literally poisonous. Also, a certain segment of them are more than a bit inbred, in the genetic sense.

I don't think this idea will catch on though. Our society isn't ready for it yet.

Plus, there's this vague nagging doubt in the back of my mind. Something about a slippery slope, and the Nazi era in Germany...
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
New Half the world...
....doesn't want the other half breeding form some perfectly reasonable reason

You're right, slippery slope
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
     US repeating cold war mistakes - (bluke) - (42)
         This is exactly what I was warning against. - (inthane-chan) - (32)
             Find us some non-monsters with teeth, and we'll talk. - (marlowe) - (31)
                 We have teeth. - (inthane-chan) - (30)
                     So what you're saying is... - (marlowe) - (29)
                         I didn't say occupy. - (inthane-chan) - (28)
                             You do realize you're not making sense, don't you? - (marlowe) - (27)
                                 I wouldn't call it imperialism. - (inthane-chan) - (26)
                                     Trouble is... - (Simon_Jester) - (22)
                                         Well, that's something else that needs to change. - (inthane-chan) - (14)
                                             Our puritanical attitude toward heroin? - (marlowe) - (13)
                                                 I know drugs screw people up. - (inthane-chan) - (12)
                                                     So you'd fight the monster... - (marlowe) - (11)
                                                         Yes I have. - (inthane-chan) - (10)
                                                             Re: Yes I have. - (Fearless Freep) - (4)
                                                                 Do you like crack babies? - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                                                                     Problem is... - (Fearless Freep)
                                                                     I'm all for sterilizing hard drug addicts. - (marlowe) - (1)
                                                                         Half the world... - (Fearless Freep)
                                                             Quite a mixture there... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                 Casual heroin users? - (marlowe) - (2)
                                                                     I was apparently misinformed. - (Another Scott)
                                                                     Re: Casual heroin users? Not so. - (Ashton)
                                                             You'd rather write off people than try to prevent... - (marlowe)
                                         Algeria is a perfect example - (rsf) - (6)
                                             Point well taken, still - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                 Problem is Peace Bombs are... - (rsf) - (4)
                                                     Aberration.. hmmmm - (Ashton)
                                                     Marshall Plan an aberration? No, rather, a data point. - (marlowe) - (2)
                                                         Minor correction. - (a6l6e6x)
                                                         Heh.. Marlowe, yer on a roll :-\ufffd - (Ashton)
                                     You wouldn't call it imperialism. But others will. Loudly. - (marlowe) - (2)
                                         Not bad... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                             Leading by example? - (marlowe)
         What do you suggest? - (Another Scott) - (8)
             People and regimes don't change overnight - (bluke)
             Re: What do you suggest? - (neelk)
             Pakistan as an example - (bluke) - (5)
                 That doesn't answer the question. What should the US do? -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     Carpet bomb all the Afghan settlements - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                         But the Afghan people aren't the problem. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             No, they are part of the solution - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                 I have my doubts about that. Even so, give `em a try (nomsg -NT - (marlowe)

I wonder how long before this screw job ends up as my boss?
161 ms