IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Good point
I'll look into apt.freshrpms.net. I considered doing a re-install of the build from scratch (I took copious notes when I did it last time) and tweaking for performance. The freshrpms option may allow me to do that instead and ditch Red Hat network.

I agree, Knoppix has a ton of stuff pre-installed that they don't necessarily need. On the other hand, the ability to simply hand them a CD to give them the same desktop at home as they use in school is tempting.
Tom Sinclair

Professor: "Behold, the death clock! Simply jam your finger in the hole and this readout tells you exactly how long you have left to live."
Leela: "Does it really work?"
Professor: "Well, it's occasionally off by a few seconds, what with free will and all."
- 'A Big Piece of Garbage', Futurama
Collapse Edited by tjsinclair June 10, 2003, 05:49:23 PM EDT
Good point

I'll look into apt.freshrpms.net. I considered doing a re-install of the build from scratch (I took copious notes when I did it last time) and tweaking for performance. The freshrpms option may allow me to do that instead and ditch Red Hat network.

I agree, Knoppix has a ton of stuff pre-installed that they don't necessarily need. On the other hand, the ability to simply hand them a CD to give them the same desktop at home as they use in school is tempting.

Tom Sinclair

"Man, I love it when the complete absence of a plan comes together."
- [link|http://radio.weblogs.com/0104634/|Ernie the Attorney]
     Changing student desktops from Red Hat - (tjsinclair) - (6)
         Answers: - (folkert) - (3)
             Thanks! - (tjsinclair) - (2)
                 Re: Thanks! - (rickmoen) - (1)
                     Makes sense - (tjsinclair)
         Re: Changing student desktops from Red Hat - (rickmoen) - (1)
             Good point - (tjsinclair)

Push stick forward -- houses get bigger; pull stick back -- houses get smaller!
60 ms