IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My resignation letter: first draft
This is a first draft of a resignation letter in case I decide to resign at my current company. I am trying to make some humor out of it, but may change it drastically later. Right now I am venting, so please don't take any of it seriously. I'll use the name "Dewey Cheatham & Howe, LLP" instead of the real name of the law firm.

I have worked, no slaved for over four years for Dewey Cheatham & Howe, LLP. I have taken on tasks that the other Programmer / Analysts refused to do, or could not finish. I have improved the performance of many applications, and reduced the amount of bugs to almost zero in most of the applications I was assigned to.

I have bent over backward for the company to be flexible and adaptable, but I have gone beyond the breaking point recently. We have had managers added that apparently do not know that much about technology, but apparently know how to try and force us to work faster, and make us do things that are impossible and beyond all reasonable logic. Such as making a subreport on a subreport in Crystal Reports, which Crystal Decisions says was not possible. Apparently because I pointed out this problem, I got labeled insubordinate and non-productive. When I got the requests for program changes the day before those changes are due, and the manager had them a month ago and only had given them to me at the last minute, I get accused of trying to blame people being insubordinate when I state that "I wish I had these changes a month ago.". So I also become insubordinate due to this as well. I would have other examples, but my supervisor only gave me a few and refused to give me others when he said I had more against me. Keep in mind that for the firs three years at the company I had good reviews, better than the current one. I think the fact that I worked at the company for four years means that I am being paid more than other Programmer / Analysts and thus I am being politically set up to "fail" at projects by being given unfair working conditions, impossible tasks, and when I need information or clarification from someone, I am being harassed or being told that they do not know or that I have to figure it out for myself.

Four years should have accounted for something, like at least a little respect, but apparently I forgot that time doesn't mean anything in the 7th level of Hell! Apparently we hired managers from Hell, and they have influenced the other employees to act the way they have been. I can not really see a logical reason for the way anything has happened at work.

The doctor notes that I gave the IS Secretary for copying into my HR file, apparently went missing. My co-workers somehow found out about my medical conditions and the results of my review. I suspect foul play, and this sort of thing did not happen to the degree that it recently did until the past year or so. The IS Department is going to Hell in a hand basket. According to the HR database, which I queries before I took sick-leave, there were at least 23 people in the past 3 years that quit the company in the IS Department. I find it a very odd coincidence that this happened, but the one thing that didn't change much is the management. Which I may add has gotten progressively worse over the years.

The first year I was there we had big offices for the developers. Then we got moved into a big closet that had almost no AC and very little space. A dozen of us worked and sweated there. I almost reported it to the State about the Labor Laws of working in a sweatshop. I got very ill as a result and suffered from claustrophobia. Then we got moved into small cubicles. Now as a result of my being on medical leave, all of my stuff gets moved into filing cabinets, a sure sign that they do not want me back after I got so sick that I could no longer work.

All I can say is Thank You, because you've given me the proper motivation to look for another job. I hope the next one is with higher pay and better working conditions.

As for hiring my replacement, be sure to look for someone with low self respect, passive, no social life, has masochism, is a work-a-holic (will work 10 to 30 extra hours a week with no extra pay), and is a brown-noser. Apparently I do not fit this job profile. Apparently all I had was a passive personality, and my self repect got broken, by management, possibly as a result to mold me into the wage slave that they wanted me to be.

Good luck, and I hope that you reform before "Judgement Day".

Picking up the pieces of my broken life.
New make sure that all medical options are taken first.
then just wrap the letter typing side up around a nice steaming dog turd.
thanx,
bill
why did god give us a talleywhacker and a trigger finger if he didnt want us to use them?
Randy Wayne White
     My resignation letter: first draft - (orion) - (1)
         make sure that all medical options are taken first. - (boxley)

We still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.
33 ms