IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New sort on only 2 fields
have to share or do all the freaking typeing myself. Dunnowhere to define whole datarange as database.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

"I hit him so hard in the head his dog shat a turd in the shape of Jesus" Leonard Pine
New So, WTF are you trying to *do*, really?
Da Ox:
have to share or do all the freaking typeing myself.
What, there's new typing going on all the time? And you're re-sorting like every other minute?

The naive Excel-centric suggestion: Tell people to close it, then you UN-share, sort, and re-share it. It must be the share that does it -- I just built a test sheet (in Excel 2000) with 3000 rows and 80 columns, and that sorts in approximately no time at all, on my tired old Athlon 500/512 W2KPro box.

The more relevant question: Is this really something one *should* use a *spreadsheet* for??? And, hey -- didn't you just install at least one Open Source RDBMS...? This thing seems to just *cry* for a client-server solution: Throw your data into a table, index it, let everybody access the DB, and you won't frigging *need* to re-sort all the time -- didn't that go out with bell-bottom jeans?!? That's what indexes are for!

Dunnowhere to define whole datarange as database.
Me neither -- can't find it in XL2K (have a stoopid Finnish-language copy here, that sucks). From what I can decipher of the help, seems it recognixes that automagically nowadays, so it's not necessary to define it any more. Must have been old superstition on my part...

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New on opensource DB's and what I am up to
I have 2, their datapumps choke and puke on WinXP Pro OBDC32 driver. Have an access licence coming monday as we have office standard, not pro. Once we import it into access I can do datacrap instead of spreadsheet crap. What I have is several hundred spreadsheets that have tiny pieces of the architecture that is built around 5 thousand plus machines. In a lotus table there is more spreadsheets. I need to build a repository, match serial numbers in the sheet to nodenames that I have to look up manually on a web query and when I get it all assembled, I will know what machine went where and how much load is on. This gives me the ability when an application support guy sticks his head in wanting more hardware I can prove he is fine and needs to use the 3 servers that are hosting his p0rn out of the closet instead of sucking money out of the company.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

"I hit him so hard in the head his dog shat a turd in the shape of Jesus" Leonard Pine
     Excel questions - (boxley) - (9)
         OS? Excel version? patch levels? Macros? -NT - (Silverlock) - (4)
             here is what I can find (edited for rev level on OS) - (boxley) - (3)
                 I'd try the MS office service packs 1 and 2 - (Silverlock) - (2)
                     service packs? AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!! -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         ROFL - (Silverlock)
         Do you *have to* run it "in share mode"? - (CRConrad) - (3)
             sort on only 2 fields - (boxley) - (2)
                 So, WTF are you trying to *do*, really? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     on opensource DB's and what I am up to - (boxley)

Those chicken wings are really spicy! Don't eat those!
68 ms