IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I have such a parachute
[link|http://www.vertigobase.com/images/base1.jpg|You mean like this]?

Midflight deplaning being a major hobby of mine (over 1000 hops). I don't bring it to work though and I know for a fact that your chances of success depend a lot on making it to the downwind side of the building for launch. You also need to avoid heat as ZP nylon melts quickly. Plan your freefall past flames for safety. If you're good, you can fly your body away from the building to get some space before opening.

The venturi effects you will experience during your decent will also make for a very hairy time. That said, if I were there and had my rig, I'd have hopped no problem. I'm presently wondering what the effects will be on my carry-on habits. I'm not keen on checking my gear - something I don't like to let out of my sight for obvious reasons.

Expect to spend about $4k for a minimal setup.
Collapse Edited by tuberculosis Sept. 24, 2001, 08:22:40 PM EDT
I have such a parachute
Midflight deplaning being a major hobby of mine (over 1000 hops). I don't bring it to work though and I know for a fact that your chances of success depend a lot on making it to the downwind side of the building for launch. You also need to avoid heat as ZP nylon melts quickly. Plan your freefall past flames for safety. If you're good, you can fly your body away from the building to get some space before opening. The venturi effects you will experience during your decent will also make for a very hairy time. That said, if I were there and had my rig, I'd have hopped no problem. I'm presently wondering what the effects will be on my carry-on habits. I'm not keen on checking my gear - something I don't like to let out of my sight for obvious reasons. Expect to spend about $4k for a minimal setup.
     A pirate's life for me? - (bepatient) - (10)
         It would not surprise me if the vaults are intact. - (a6l6e6x) - (9)
             A co-worker pointed out to me... - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                 If I ever have to work on 100th floor - (Ashton) - (7)
                     The windows weren't openable or readily breakable - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                         Ah, I see. - (Ashton) - (4)
                             No. How do we convince more lawyers to try this tick? -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                             The lawyer did not survive - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 Yep, on windows. - (a6l6e6x)
                                 Don't discount the force of an airplane either - (kmself)
                     I have such a parachute - (tuberculosis)

Solar-powered!
38 ms