IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: No proof will persuade the Arab/Muslim street
Well, on the "60 Minutes" program last night (2001/9/24), publishers of the major Arab newspapers in Cairo said as much as they wish it wasn't true, they do believe that it was Arabs that did the 9/11 deeds.

I have trouble giving the slightest creadance to the rumor about the early warning for Jews. I'm sure a simple statistical test, based on WTC casualties, can be made to verify the likelihood of anything like that.

On the other hand, if the question was did the Mossad have any idea what the al Qaeda plan was for that day and did they withhold that information, that's something else. On 9/11, and since I have asked myself the question "Who has benefited from this?". Well, besides the few terrorists that well executed a plan for Allah, glory and perhaps mythical virgins, the true and major beneficiary has been Israel. The Palestinians may have been dancing in the streets, but the Israelis were dancing in their hearts. I could sense the glee in even you in the way you interacted with Andrew and others who talked about nuking the Afghans. Yes, the US will now lead Western World in eradicating Arab terrorists and maybe more for good measure. Others fighting Israel's war. I don't know how good the Mossad is. They certainly are able to tell the time place and place of the political assassination targets. They certainly have had their spies in the US defense department. I've heard that, over the years, the Palestinians have killed 700 of their own as Israeli spies. Some probably really were. Who knows how many Israeli spies there are and where they are now. With Netanyahu testifying before the US Congress and the mayor of Jerusalem at "ground zero" and on CNN last week, they are working some plan to milk the situation. Anyway, I have my doubts about Israel.

We, Americans, need to collect the living bastards that made the dirty deed possible, try them, and execute them. We also need to figure out what made it possible and work, within Constitutional bounds, towards make it impossible.
Alex

Whom the gods destroy, they first make mad. -- Euripides
New Actually if anything Israel has come out much worse...
from all of this. The Foreign Secretary of Britain basically blamed the attack on Israel's policies in the Middle East, and countries like Iran, Syria etc. are now being rehabilitated to serve in the coalition. Now there is much more pressure on Israel to make concessions so that the US can get Arab support. My feeling is that Israel is going to be sacrificed so that Bush can get the Arabs in his coalition, just like in the Gulf War when Iraq fired missiles at Israel and the US exerted tremendous pressure on Israel not to respond.
Expand Edited by bluke Sept. 25, 2001, 02:35:02 AM EDT
     What proof do we need against bin Laden? - (brettj) - (18)
         Proof for what purpose? - (Another Scott) - (10)
             To show the world that a unilateral decision will not happen - (brettj) - (7)
                 That's precisely what they depend on. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                     Re: That's precisely what they depend on. - (TTC) - (4)
                         Morals have nothing to do with it. - (boxley) - (1)
                             typo? - (tablizer)
                         Re: That's precisely what they depend on. - (addison) - (1)
                             Re: That's precisely what they depend on. - (TTC)
                 Re: To show the world that a unilateral decision will not ha - (wharris2)
             Powell has been running off at the mouth a lot - (wharris2) - (1)
                 Rather not, IMO - (kmself)
         Proof? Why don't we just take him at his word? - (Andrew Grygus)
         No proof will persuade the Arab/Muslim street - (bluke) - (5)
             Regarding this rumor - (brettj) - (2)
                 Um. Brett? - (addison) - (1)
                     I see your point. - (brettj)
             Re: No proof will persuade the Arab/Muslim street - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 Actually if anything Israel has come out much worse... - (bluke)

Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!
41 ms